replacment tls damper other than ohlns,bitubo ect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacment tls damper other than ohlns,bitubo ect

Hi,im new here and new to the tl world,before i got my tls(2000 model) i knew all about the rear damper problems but thought it wouldnt be that bad as i dont ride like a complete nutter,but even my riding the bike is leaving me with not alot of confidence so i want to change the rear damper asap.My question is can any other shock/damper be fitted say off a gsxr.ive aslo been thinking of putting a 180 section on but my local tyre fitter said it would just flatten out on a 6 inch rim so it woud be pointless.Any help would be appreciated.Cheers.db4

Re: replacment tls damper other than ohlns,bitubo ect

Firstly 180/ 55 tyre is fine. 180/ 50 is a bit flat. 190/55 is my next tyre. 190/50 is standard.

As for alternative rear shocks, there are a few alternatives. But the cheapest and easiest is a Bitubo, as it replaces both rotary damper and SOAS (spring on a Stick) and fits in place of the SOAS on the bike.
    ************************************************** **************************************************

My bike mod list - Click here

Comment

Have a look at Terry Lemmons (on here) neat shock setup

I wouldn't got with a 180 on a 6 inch rim because it changes the shape of the tire. A 190/55 should do just fine, especially when the tire is a sporty/pointy one

Comment

Totally agree on the 190/55 and just get a Bitubo. Both transformed my bikes handling.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1156

or get this if he will ship it.
          if its not broken MOD it

Comment

Wilbers! Best shock for the TLS out there.

Greetings
            Rufer
            TL1000SW, candy jade lime yellow. TL1000cup.de champion 2007, 2008, 2009

Comment

Have had a Hagon for a few years now and very happy,made up in your part of the world.Bloody good price to.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE FORD View Post
                Have had a Hagon for a few years now and very happy,made up in your part of the world.Bloody good price to.
                Maybe I'm crazy and tightened mine too much, but isn't you chain a bit loose?

Comment

Nah, it's fine!

Comment

Working...
                  X