exhaust polishing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust polishing??

I have a full M4 system that is starting to show its age, has anyone polished these systems before? where to start? i have heard that a good polish and steel wool works( this sounds a little harsh) i would like to do the whole system including cans. how about powder coating or ceramic coating any ideas? comments or suggestions much appreciated
    cheers

Re: exhaust polishing??

A good polish always helps. But steel wool comes in all different grains from real fine to real course. Mothers actually makes a great polish tjat comes with a very fine steel wool like applicator not sure of the name tho.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." --Mario Andretti

Comment

Get them done in Jet Hot ceramic and be done for life with a benefit of lower temps.

Comment

Do you have a hand drill or a bench grinder?

If yes buy a polishing kit (see below) for the particular tool (either of the above)
        You'll get the mop wheels and the cutting compounds to do the job.

examples (may not be the particular one, but you get the idea).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-pc-Polishin...ht_1092wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bench-Grinder-...ht_1302wt_1286
        ************************************************** **************************************************

My bike mod list - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by evl tvn View Post
          Get them done in Jet Hot ceramic and be done for life with a benefit of lower temps.
          can the cans be ceramic coated? i have thought about going in this direction but i know it is $$$

Comment

I don't know about cans, it cost me $205 to get my m4 pipes done.
            Remember that when metal get polished You will have redo it ones in a while to keep it looking great...

Comment

+1 mothers
              K&N ~ full stainless yosh ~ flush front signals ~ ideal cycle undertail ~ russell stainless front and rear lines ~ Barnett clutch springs ~ cheesey ebay hugger ~ fuel moto ATRE ~ euro right hand switch ~ speed metal shorty levers ~ Joe V airbox mod ~ flapper delete ~ +5+10+5 (thanks chuck!)

Comment

Flitz and 1000 grit wet/dry has worked with great success here. Flitz can be purchased by the pint; enough for 100's of polishings.

It goes fast with an old sock. With a power-ball, it's likely just a few hours to get a mirror finish on the M4's.
                Last edited by Suprachrgd82; 11-01-2010, 06:54 PM.
                You do not talk about Fight Club....

Comment

If you have an air compressor, a die grinder is really cheap from Harbor Freight, sitck a buff in it and you can get into the corners a lot better. An angle die grinder comes in handy too.
                  It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

Working...
                  X