Fall means .... Wheeeeeeeeeee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall means .... Wheeeeeeeeeee

I feel bad for the guys in warm places. 0 deg C or 32 deg F means holy s#$%^$# on the wheelie machine. Every year I forget how insane the effect of cold dense air is on the Beast!!! Gotta go out for another rip, got sticky Corsas and therefore don't have to worry about cold roads.
    Run over on: '98 TL1000S
    Riding: '98 TL1000R fighter
    Drooling over: '02 TL1000R

Re: Fall means .... Wheeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by joe suzuki; 11-01-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

no worries drh I feel sorry for you, you ride an 's'

Comment

Yep it was like 40 here the other morning. Wife and I went for a nice brisk ride threw the mountains. I turned a 50mi ride into a 150mi ride probably her last for the year. She froze. I don't get cold. Then we went for another ride this morn. That's probably it for her and her sv650 for the year. Its going to be nasty the rest of the week. I'm just chomping at tearing my tlr down to paint but just can't quit riding her. I love it.

Comment

I suppose I should call it "autumn" not Fall otherwise some might understand it to mean "falling off the bike means wheeee"

Comment

Originally posted by Patch11 View Post
            no worries drh I feel sorry for you, you ride an 's'

THBPPPHBTHPBH oh yeah, well, you ride a bike "in bits"

Comment

Originally posted by drH View Post
              I feel bad for the guys in warm places. 0 deg C or 32 deg F means holy s#$%^$# on the wheelie machine. Every year I forget how insane the effect of cold dense air is on the Beast!!! Gotta go out for another rip, got sticky Corsas and therefore don't have to worry about cold roads.
              I rode from Salt Lake City up Parleys Canyon to Park City Friday morning. It was a little cooler so I thought, awe, one more ride this year. Yeah right. It was 27 deg in Park City on the other side of the mountains. 30 degree variance from that and home only 26 miles away.

Double edged sword late in the fall for me in Utah...More torque, more horsepower via cooler denser air, but way less traction and clumsier response from the suspension deep in the corners.

Still fun though.
              I'd rather be playing baseball.

Comment

I flew into Los Angeles yesterday morning, 75 degree weather, way nice. I got buzzed by at least 20 sportbikes up near Ventura. I'm jealous. Wish I lived in Cali. Its sure amazing how us guys on twins stick out of the bunch too. Two Ducs in their group and I could hear them distinctly WAY before they passed me. Funny how you catch yourself throwing a wave too and forget, your in a car! They're thinking, ha ha
                I'd rather be playing baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by HOBBES View Post
                  I flew into Los Angeles yesterday morning, 75 degree weather, way nice. I got buzzed by at least 20 sportbikes up near Ventura. I'm jealous. Wish I lived in Cali. Its sure amazing how us guys on twins stick out of the bunch too. Two Ducs in their group and I could hear them distinctly WAY before they passed me. Funny how you catch yourself throwing a wave too and forget, your in a car! They're thinking, ha ha
                  There are other places besides Cali that allow all year riding.
                  ----------------

01 TLR undergoing a make over!!( Mark told me to do it!)
                  Aprilia SXV 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by HOBBES View Post
                    It was a BEAUTIFUL day in So Cal.... short ride today only!

Van's Risers just arrived along with my SV Coils....thats the work for tonight we'll see how she goes tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Sekon View Post
                      There are other places besides Cali that allow all year riding.

well its not uk, unless your Chris, i think he as porridge every morning for internal central heating.
                      if its not broken MOD it

Comment

Originally posted by drH View Post
                        I still fear for all the people who "wasted" thier money on Dunlop D208's.....they CAN NOT enjoy this weather like that. Sure, the engine breathes fire, but the tires slide like they're covered in KY.
                        Frank Corona

Comment

I love the almost year round riding here in Texas, but my best rides were always fall time riding thru the country in upstate NY, VT and even MA. Seemed like my baby always had another 15 ponies on tap along with better throttle response.

Comment

Yeah we've been in the 40s for a coiple weeks too bad she's in pieces. Spun a rod bearing so were doin another overh!ul.
                            "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." --Mario Andretti

Comment

i am in Louisiana so we get to ride year round also i run the mic. polit powers for tire they stick to the road really good

Comment

Working...
                              X