some TLR 101 questions to start the winter overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some TLR 101 questions to start the winter overhaul

I appologize as I know a lot of these ?s are not new, but I did my share of searching the site and have narrowed down to these remaining ones. Hope y'all can give me some input. I've been away from sportbikes for the last 5 years so I'm sure a lot has changed.

who do u use for ordering oem parts? Oil filters, radiator hoses, fuel lines, etc. I have about 20+ items to order and haven't found a great online site.

sprockets - 17/40 is stock correct? If so ill go 17/42. Back in the day votex was the rave. I know everyone has brand prefferance, but is there any certain materials I should avoid/look for?

chains - x or o ring? I know choices on brand are endless and as opinionated as oils.

Brakelines - looking for a good set of black/carbon braided lines. Seems like almost too many options out there? All better than stock or is there a few everyone agrees are worth the coin?

Thanks!

Re: some TLR 101 questions to start the winter overhaul

17/39 stalk. 17/41 is good. Speedking has a kit rite now 520 or 530 pm him in group buy. All steel and very light. He may have some of the other parts to. Or dealer. You can get wix filters at oreilly but there like 10. Goodridge lines are supost to be good. You cane to the rite place.
    Welcome

Comment

www.bikebandit.com

www.ronayers.com

No idea where you're from, but if you're going into winter it must be in the northern hemisphere.
      "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Originally posted by mudduck9 View Post
        17/39 stalk. 17/41 is good. Speedking has a kit rite now 520 or 530 pm him in group buy. All steel and very light. He may have some of the other parts to. Or dealer. You can get wix filters at oreilly but there like 10. Goodridge lines are supost to be good. You cane to the rite place.
        Welcome
        Guess I had my numbers mixed up. Ill check out the group buy, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve TLS View Post
          www.bikebandit.com

www.ronayers.com

No idea where you're from, but if you're going into winter it must be in the northern hemisphere.
          I forgot about Ronayers. Im in Texas (just updated my profile). I can ride year round here, but I'm just not sure of the maintenance history if the bike so im doing an A-Z run through.

Comment

Renthal sprockets, DID or RK x ring 530, and Galfer lines. Can't go wrong.
            sigpic

BBOTM January 2011

Comment

DID XRing.....tried Driven 520....couldnt handle it, replaced 3 times....maybe its my riding but my 530 DID gives me no issues. I roll a 40 Tooth Busa sprocket.

Comment

Working...
              X