Sharkskinz Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharkskinz Airbox

Does anyone know if the Sharkskinz airbox is a stock replica or one with a larger volume? Can't seem to find it on the website. Thanks, K.
    [B]US maker of the TLR Big Bore 1088/1140/1188http://virtuseracing.com]
    1188cc superbike motor cams,Ferrea,Yoshimura,PCIII,Dynojet quickshifter, Wideband Commander, LCD, Quickshifter, Busa front, custom rear swingarm w/Fox shock, wave rotors ect.ect.

It is a bit bigger than stock, also doesn't have the ugly bends that the stock design has.
    I did have a couple pics somewhere but I can't remember where I saved them

Comment

Re: Sharkskinz Airbox

Originally posted by Patch11 View Post
      It is a bit bigger than stock, also doesn't have the ugly bends that the stock design has.
      I did have a couple pics somewhere but I can't remember where I saved them
      I'm in the process of making one but it occured to me it might be easier and less time consuming to buy one instead. I would like to see a photo so if you come across one let me know.
      1188cc superbike motor cams,Ferrea,Yoshimura,PCIII,Dynojet quickshifter, Wideband Commander, LCD, Quickshifter, Busa front, custom rear swingarm w/Fox shock, wave rotors ect.ect.

Comment

Will do

Keep an eye on this, might save you some work and will be cheaper than buying sharkskinz - http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81802

Comment

Just call them, they will make one for you. Sometimes they pull items off of the web, but they can still make them, like the Kit airbox, that used different TB's.
          Vanzuki.com - Click the banner below, to see what I have for your bike.

Comment

+1 to what everyone else said. And let me know if you still need some pics.
            BBotM October 2010
            BBotM June 2012

Comment

Called today and I was told the only one they would make was slightly larger than the stock one and for the stock throttle bodies. I think I'll continue with mine, it's more of a tray that seals the tank and frame. I'm not real good at fiberglass but I'll give it a go. Besides I started working on a mold already.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendall Berg View Post
                Called today and I was told the only one they would make was slightly larger than the stock one and for the stock throttle bodies. I think I'll continue with mine, it's more of a tray that seals the tank and frame. I'm not real good at fiberglass but I'll give it a go. Besides I started working on a mold already.
                Did they give you a price? Carbon fiber an option do you know?

Comment

$377.00 plus shipping no carbon fiberglass only.

Comment

They usually give a 15-20% discount.
                    BBotM October 2010
                    BBotM June 2012

Comment

Indy Superbikes have it listed @ USD$302- which would bring Sharkskinz price inline as Thumpthump has mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Patch11 View Post
                        Indy Superbikes have it listed @ USD$302- which would bring Sharkskinz price inline as Thumpthump has mentioned.
                        ......and I will post up some pics of mine tomorrow
                        BBotM October 2010
                        BBotM June 2012

Comment

Originally posted by thumpthump View Post
                          ......and I will post up some pics of mine tomorrow
                          Greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Here are some pics. FYI, the fiberglass airbox weighs only 1.7 pounds.

BBotM October 2010
                            BBotM June 2012

Comment

Hey Thumpthump, any issues mounting everything up? anything special we need to know on the install and or with running these types of airbox? thanks Chris
                              If you love your bike let it go.
                              If it comes back to you.............
                              You high sided.

Comment

Working...
                              X