swing arm exstensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swing arm exstensions?

Is there any other ones that are interchangeable for the tl and if so were is the cheapest place to find them, Also i would like to know some feedback on what chain to use? who's had the best experiences with what chain. I am also trying to find out if there is any other headlight that is workable besides the one from the 05 06 triumph sprint? they aren't exactly easy to come by. thanks for the help in advance.

Re: swing arm exstensions?

swingarm extensions suck!.... seriously... no manufacturer will warranty them because they are unreliable. I snapped the sprocked side on a set i had for my 900RR. that happened as i dumped the clutch in 1st as if simulating a launch at the track. I got about 4 months of use out of them but they are rubbish. If the 900 broke one, Imagine what a torquier, heavier bike like the TLR will do. I sent the swingarm to Thompsons Custom Cycles in North Carolina, 2 weeks later i got my swingarm back with an 8 inch stretch and underbraced for rigidity. 3 years later and still havent had a problem yet.

Extensions are weekend warrior bolt ons for the drag strip, IMO, they are just for show. I wouldnt recommend throwing the old lady on the back either with extensions
    1998 TLS
    Lower fairing kit, +MOD, TRE, PCIII, D&D Full System, K&N, Airbox MOD, HIDS 8K, Gunmetal powdercoated rims, Atomic Orange paint.

Comment

thanks man i will look around in my area and see if there is anyone that does the modding of the swing arm and see if i can get it done

Comment

i had mine for bout a year...they were fine strength wise but, when riding an uphill turn it made it drift the rear end out ...looks sick for parking lot pimp'n but on the road sucked ass no fun...i raised mine back up and took the extensions off...maybe 1 day for a drag bike bc the tl extensions work for certain gixxers and busa's
        Motor/Electronics:
        Yoshi Cans/M4 Headers~PC3~Ivans TRE-Fan/+/Charging/Wiring loom Mod~NGK plugs~Barrnet springs~Vans pressure plate/retainers~Joe-V Mod~ Mckeown's Mod~Brake modulator
        Brakes/Controls/Suspension:
        EK~17/43 Driven~~Galfer SS~Vans tripple clamp~Vans clutch/front break/rear brake resv.
        Body:
        Subframe shaved~Gap tray~1pc tail~Vans clutch/sprocket covers~GP undertail
        Need:
        Forks/Rear shock/Headlight

Comment

I would like a weld-on extension with reversible blocks, so I could run a range from stock to +4.
          It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

Thompsonss can do 0-6, 3-7, even 3-9, and I think I may have seen a 7-12 inch adjustable swingarm. He can add a NOS bottle bracket in front of the rear tire (a look Ive always liked) and added bracing. I did an 8 inch fixed extension. He basically took my stocker and cut the ends off. made a v-notch and inserted a solid billet 8 inch extension and welded it up. v-notch is a lot stronger than the traditional straight weld joint. he then added the underbrace which adds rigidity. Usually he will just do an exchange, meaning that he already has some fabbed up. you just send yours in as a core and as soon as he gets it he sends one that has already been done. In my case He didnt have a 900rr swingarm done so I sent the stock one in. I live in Hawaii and hes on the east coast in North Carolina and 2 weeks later and $600 (including shipping) bucks later I had my swinger back.x Ill post some pics later
            1998 TLS
            Lower fairing kit, +MOD, TRE, PCIII, D&D Full System, K&N, Airbox MOD, HIDS 8K, Gunmetal powdercoated rims, Atomic Orange paint.

Comment

Heres a pic of the extensions after they broke.
              Attached Files
              1998 TLS

Comment

these are the best pics I can find of the swingarmRuffryderrLabordayride008.jpg
                Attached Files
                1998 TLS

Comment

damn..... I could only imagine what the TLR would do to the extensions ya definitely not putting them on my bike considering how i ride 96.9 percent of the time.

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks.

When did it break? Was the bolt being tightened, or axle being tightented, or did it fail in-use while riding over some railroad tracks or leaned over
                    It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

It failed during a launch.... all i heard was a pop and my chain skipping on the countershaft sprocket and I looked down and could see the shadow of my chain hanging close to the ground. jumped off the bike and saw the sprocket side had snapped which explained the super loose chain.
                      1998 TLS

Comment

Working...
                      X