Snapped Shock w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapped Shock w/pics

No wonder My 00TLS wasn't much fun to ride, boinging over everything. If anyone has a SOAS to sell, please let me know. I put over 3000 miles on the bike in this condition, thinking Suzuki didn't design a very good suspension. I finally got motivated to investigate and discovered this. The bike has been sitting since early spring, because it's not a pleasure to ride.

Maybe I wont have to sell my bike after all.

I've been riding this instead.

Re: Snapped Shock w/pics

i have a stock shock for a TL1000R im not sure if that will work or not but i guess someone will post and let me know.

Comment

That Katana is PIMP!
      .sigpic
      "Use the present, create the future" -Pablo.

Comment

The spring on a stick (SOAS) of the TLS is a really crappy design. Note there is no damping in there, so I wouldn't call it a shock.
        I had transformed the SOAS of my racebike (and finally the roadbike, too) into a fully serviceable and more importantly well working piece. My suspension technician did this, sorry not for sale.

Greetings
        Rufer
        TL1000SW, candy jade lime yellow. TL1000cup.de champion 2007, 2008, 2009

Comment

An R SOAS won't work on the S. Why not just install a Bitubo and enjoy better performance all around. A used SOAS is only going to wind up the same way given a bit of time.
          "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

I should have said, I snapped the shaft of my stick or it was snapped when I bought it and I got the shaft.

You're right spring not shock.

Comment

I bet you're gonna love the next ride when it's fixed!

Comment

sheesh Rufer, at least tell him where to buy what you've got

Comment

I've mulled around the idea of a Bitubo, but I've thrown a bit of money at it already. It puffs smoke after start up, but clears out once underway, so I'm thinking of throwing on a used stick and letting her go. Nobody seems to want her, she's a bit scarred up.

Comment

Originally posted by rufer View Post
                    The spring on a stick (SOAS) of the TLS is a really crappy design. Note there is no damping in there, so I wouldn't call it a shock.
                    I had transformed the SOAS of my racebike (and finally the roadbike, too) into a fully serviceable and more importantly well working piece. My suspension technician did this, sorry not for sale.

Greetings
                    Rufer
                    Exactly.

49 Sunbeam S7 deluxe - 57 Triumph TR6 Trophy- 68 Husqvarna MF250 Cross-68 Husqvarna MF360 Viking-71 Norton Commando Fastback-73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado-73 Kawasaki H2A 750-73 Ducati 750 GT-74 Kawasaki H2B 750-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail -74 Norton Commando Roadster-77 Ducati 900 SD-81 Ducati 900 SD-86 Husqvarna 400 WR-98 Suzuki TL1000S-98 Suzuki TL1000S-07 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S-08 Suzuki DR780

Comment

Originally posted by Patch11 View Post
                      sheesh Rufer, at least tell him where to buy what you've got
                      You can't buy it. It was basically a one-off, well actually three have been made. The shop is too small to do a batch and it finally turned out too expensive compared to a Bitubo.
                      It's much less beautifully made than what TLDV8 posted. But hey it works.

In very simple words, the front part of the SOAS has been cut-off and replaced by a longer guide with linear bearings.

Greetings
                      Rufer
                      TL1000SW, candy jade lime yellow. TL1000cup.de champion 2007, 2008, 2009

Comment

I'm sure all you folks have seen these, but just in case. A purchase of 4 or more gets a slight discount. I would still need a SOAS though. If I recall there around $680 with group discount.

http://65.55.72.135/att/GetAttachmen...ec2&oneredir=1

Comment

That links is from email? doesn't work.. for me at least?

Comment

dude bitubo it
                            Biggest regret - parted with my TL....

Toon Designs by me - Painted Munki

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by motofreak87 View Post
                              i have a stock shock for a TL1000R im not sure if that will work or not but i guess someone will post and let me know.
                              won't work, the TLS uses a longer, smaller diameter shock. the R is shorter and bigger around. not interchangable.

How do I install my 1/5th throttle insert? Just click me for the install thread... Or click here for the .pdf updated version.

Silver metalic flake Clear Clutch cover has been sold See what was available here. (8/12/09)

Comment

Working...
                              X