Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New To This!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New To This!!!

    WASSUP FELLOW TL LOVERS...IM NEW TO THE BIKE SCENE A FRIEND OF MINE ONCE OWNED A 2002 TL1000R I SAW THE BIKE AND FELL IN LOVE WITH IT...PROMISED MYSELF THE FIRST BIKE I BUY WOULD BE THAT ONE..WELL HERE I AM JUST BOUGHT MYSELF A 2002 TL1000R TODAY MY FIRST BIKE...ANY ONE HAVE ANY TIPS, ADVICE, WORDS OF ADVICE,OWNERS MAN UELS ETC. FOR ME WOULD BE APPRECIATED.THANKS

  • #2
    Re: New To This!!!

    First of all welcome! now post up pics of your new ride for us all to see.


    Originally posted by bamdolla6 View Post
    WASSUP FELLOW TL LOVERS...IM NEW TO THE BIKE SCENE A FRIEND OF MINE ONCE OWNED A 2002 TL1000R I SAW THE BIKE AND FELL IN LOVE WITH IT...PROMISED MYSELF THE FIRST BIKE I BUY WOULD BE THAT ONE..WELL HERE I AM JUST BOUGHT MYSELF A 2002 TL1000R TODAY MY FIRST BIKE...ANY ONE HAVE ANY TIPS, ADVICE, WORDS OF ADVICE,OWNERS MAN UELS ETC. FOR ME WOULD BE APPRECIATED.THANKS
    If you love your bike let it go.
    If it comes back to you.............
    You high sided.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New To This!!!

      Thanks!!!!...here She Is Got Some Minor Body Work To Do Good Winter Project Looking For Some Parts Got Any Let Me Know Nothing In Particular Just Want To Do Some Cool Things To It...im Excited!!!!
      Last edited by bamdolla6; 11-09-2010, 09:06 PM. Reason: WANT TO ADD PICS

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New To This!!!

        I Uploaded Pictures Where Could They Go...lol..all The Way New To This Kind Of Stuff Help Me Out Uploaded Pics But Dont See Them

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New To This!!!

          Use photobucket if you can, way easier to up load and paste from there to here.
          If you love your bike let it go.
          If it comes back to you.............
          You high sided.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New To This!!!

            greetings......Be sure to check out the "group buy" section. Yeah you'll like it!

            Comment


            • #7
              Gidday mate


              FYI: Take your finger off the shift key while you type, makes it too hard to flickn read otherwise.
              This , is a comma.
              This . is a period or fullstop (depending on which school you went too)

              Learn their appropriate uses when typing and all will be well in life.


              photobucket.com or imageevent.com to upload photos then copy the [IMG] tags into the posting box.


              read this entirely: http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39 then feel free to ask stoopid questions


              Don't forget to wave at the friendly harley riders when you see one

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New To This!!!

                Welcome to the site!
                ----------------

                01 TLR undergoing a make over!!( Mark told me to do it!)
                Aprilia SXV 4.5

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New To This!!!

                  Originally posted by Patch11 View Post
                  Don't forget to wave at the friendly harley riders when you see one



                  thats funny Patch
                  Mod's to bike so far: Projector HID lights (blue halo's),Vandriver parts (CCC,red PP,red clutch cup,brake F&B cups, Blue top triple, Blue front sprocket cover), Aprilia Brembo Wheels,520 sprocket & chain conversion( to suite the Aprilia wheels),charging mod, headlight realy mod, bitubo rear shock, custom black with heavy blue pearl paint, fold away billet levers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New To This!!!

                    Welcome to the planet.

                    As the resident crochety old guy, my first piece of advice would be to park the TL and learn to ride on something smaller. You should at very least sign up for the MSF Rider's Ed course. You will learn things in a few hours that will take you years to figure out on your own, if you ever do. Those two things will give you a much better chance of becoming a competent rider without doing too much damage to yourself.

                    The first thing you should do with the TL is get it properly tuned. Put in new plugs, change the oil and antifreeze, set the TPS and balance the throttle bodies. Make sure the chain, sprockets an tires are in good shape too. Then set up the suspension for your weight and riding style. After all of that you can then start to think about modding it.
                    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

                    Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New To This!!!

                      +1 ^
                      .sigpic
                      "Use the present, create the future" -Pablo.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New To This!!!

                        Originally posted by bamdolla6 View Post
                        WASSUP FELLOW TL LOVERS...IM NEW TO THE BIKE SCENE A FRIEND OF MINE ONCE OWNED A 2002 TL1000R I SAW THE BIKE AND FELL IN LOVE WITH IT...PROMISED MYSELF THE FIRST BIKE I BUY WOULD BE THAT ONE..WELL HERE I AM JUST BOUGHT MYSELF A 2002 TL1000R TODAY MY FIRST BIKE...ANY ONE HAVE ANY TIPS, ADVICE, WORDS OF ADVICE,OWNERS MAN UELS ETC. FOR ME WOULD BE APPRECIATED.THANKS
                        I dont mind the caps, I wear glasses so its all the better for me !

                        New TLR advice ? ....... hang on

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: New To This!!!

                          Why Isnt The Tl A Good Learner

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: New To This!!!

                            Originally posted by Patch11 View Post
                            Gidday mate


                            FYI: Take your finger off the shift key while you type, makes it too hard to flickn read otherwise.
                            This , is a comma.
                            This . is a period or fullstop (depending on which school you went too)

                            Learn their appropriate uses when typing and all will be well in life.


                            photobucket.com or imageevent.com to upload photos then copy the [IMG] tags into the posting box.


                            read this entirely: http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39 then feel free to ask stoopid questions


                            Don't forget to wave at the friendly harley riders when you see one
                            OH....WHAT DID YOU SAY.......IM SORRY I DIDNT UNDERSTAND THAT........YOU MIND SAYING IT AGAIN......

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: New To This!!!

                              Just concerned about safety. Take some track schools, and some MSF courses.
                              It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X