Yosh Box - How to Test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yosh Box - How to Test?

So I bought most of the parts yesterday to make my own Yosh Box. It's be great however, if I could test it prior to actually trying to use it. One of the PDF's I ran across from vstorm has the voltages that should be coming through at various settings. That's great! Except I need a 5V power supply so I can test those voltages. If I'm testing at 5V's I assume that's what the bike will be sending through. So can I just hook up the box to the bike via pins 3 and 4 only?

Re: Yosh Box - How to Test?

pm stevetls
    www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
    But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

Doesn't accept pms
      Last edited by slhawkins; 11-12-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Got your email though Steve.

You can just hook up pins 3 & 4 to the bike.

A 6V lantern battery will work.

Computer power supplies have a 5V output too, can't remember if it's the yellow or red though.

You can hook it up to 12V too, all your expected values will be out, like a divider with 2K7 & 2K7 will give you 6V instead of 2.5V.

At 12V, 2K7 = 0.05W 1/20th of a watt - so if you're using 1/4W resistors or something, you're fine at 12V.
        "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Sounds good, I finally got a 5V power supply. I can't tell ya how stupid I felt either. I told my wife we needed to run to home depot or walmart so I could get a 5V power supply. She tells me to hold on and comes out of my room with 3 5V power supplies in hand... I yanked the one that was meant for my old Bluetooth

Comment

Very good, I thought about USB chargers too, but left them off the list

Good luck.

(Thanks for the docs )
            "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

No Problem. I scrapped what was to be my Yosh Box. At first it was showing 5V everywhere.. Then after making an adjustment it went to crap. I think I'm going to drop by Fry's tomorrow vice the usual Radio Shack, not only do I need better switches (The Radio Shack ones were hard to turn and didn't have a notch in them for a knob..) but I need to grab a decent multimeter. Do you know how crazy you look when you're removing all the packaging of what you just bought and start stuffing everything into your coat? My two vacuum gauges wouldn't fit under the rear seat With any luck at all I'll post some good results.

Comment

yellow or red though
                yellow 12v

red 5v

orange 3.3

if you get a discarded computer power supply bridge the green wire to any black to make it go.
                www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
                But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

Working...
                X