Need a TL-S Mechanic in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a TL-S Mechanic in Chicago

All right. I've had my completely stock 2000 TLS for three months now. Just long enough to know that I really like it and will probably keep it for a long time. The cold season is upon us in Chicago and now is the time to plan to upgrade the bike for the long haul. Although I would love to do the work myself, I'm in the heart of the city in a townhouse. No shop. No tools. No time. I need to find a perfectionist mechanic, familiar with and interested in the TLS, who can do the following for me:

Complete inspection Identify areas of concern. Fix them.
    Install Bitubo rear shock.
    Install (AND TUNE) PCIII
    Optimize the suspension for my size/weight/etc
    Remove ugly stock damper/stabilizer
    Install GPR V1 damper/stabilizer
    Install new CF parts
    Install Gilles Variobars/Risers (can't find any Helibars)
    Upgrade the brake hoses/lines
    Replace tires/balance wheels
    Change fluids, flush coolant, etc.

Maybe upgrade brake calipers/pads
    Maybe install gear indicator
    Maybe install oem rear grab handle
    Maybe upgrade the mufflers

I'm willing to ride or trailer the bike an hour or two (or three or four...) to find such a mechanic. I'll provide the parts for the most part. If the bike is in the shop for a month or two during the winter that's fine as I won't be tempted to ride much until, probably, the first warm dry day next March.

Anybody know of such a person around Chicago or within a couple of hours drive/ride?

Thanks
    Dan
    Last edited by southchicago; 11-13-2010, 11:03 AM.

Re: Need a TL-S Mechanic in Chicago

lots of them if you have enough money
    mods:Joe V air box-smart tre-vans pressure plate/retainers,brake return spring,battery holder,oil cap,top triple-rifleman 1/5 insert&clutch cover-shorty levers-billet grips-screw off gas cap-yoshimura rear set bracket-folding foot controls-gap tray mod- custom gsxr tail section on moded subframe-gsxr forks and radial calipers-full Galfer lines-slash cut exhaust-4" packed baffles-chrome exhaust tips-norton headlight-custom overflow bottle-ohlins side mounted damper-carbon fiber tank guard.

Comment

Re: Need a TL-S Mechanic in Chicago

tlr69 is a good friend of mine and does tons of work
      mods:Joe V air box-smart tre-vans pressure plate/retainers,brake return spring,battery holder,oil cap,top triple-rifleman 1/5 insert&clutch cover-shorty levers-billet grips-screw off gas cap-yoshimura rear set bracket-folding foot controls-gap tray mod- custom gsxr tail section on moded subframe-gsxr forks and radial calipers-full Galfer lines-slash cut exhaust-4" packed baffles-chrome exhaust tips-norton headlight-custom overflow bottle-ohlins side mounted damper-carbon fiber tank guard.

Comment

Working...
      X