TL-S Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TL-S Wheels

I would like to replace the rims on my 2000 TL-S with wheels like this. What bike/year are these from? Are they from an R? An S? Other? My current rims are a sort of flat bronze/silver and I doubt they could be painted/polished to my taste.

Thanks
    Dan
    Chicago/IL/USA

Re: TL-S Wheels

that rim looks just like the one on my bike and mine is a tlr and it a 2000 model

Comment

Powder coat the wheels, and then get the rims polished.

Your OEM wheels can look just like that, but better.
      ************************************************** **************************************************

My bike mod list - Click here

Comment

just wait. someone will part a bike out with the rims you want!
        www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
        But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

Originally posted by southchicago View Post
          ...and I doubt they could be painted/polished to my taste...
          Not sure if you know this, but to "polish" a stock wheel, it's not just getting a rag and some wax and rubbing the [email protected] outta the painted surface. First, you strip the paint off the wheel, then use a mildly abrasive polishing compound (wizards makes one I like) on the bare metal to make it glow/shine. And by the way, those are the same as the wheels off your bike. Search the forum threads for wheel polishing. Should be a few write-ups in there. Pretty sure Supra did a good one. Good luck! It's a pain, but a really cheap way to change up the looks of your bike.

Comment

All right...good feedback here. A lot of this I did not know. Thanks to all. I will, when I get a minute, search the archives to figure out...

1. How to strip all the paint from the wheel

2. How to powdercoat the hub, spokes, and inner rim without marring the majority of the outer part of the rim

3. Where to get it powdercoated around here

4. How to polish the bare metal.

5. Whether to polish the stripped rim before or after the powdercoating

6. How to find the correct paint match for my bike.

In the meantime...if I can find a set of wheels to my liking on eBay first I'll do that. I understand that the TLS wheels are interchangeable with the TLR, 1st gen Hyabusa, etc. so there is a considerable pool of wheels to choose from.

Dan
            Stock 2000 TL1000S
            Chicago/IL/USA

Comment

Working...
            X