Made my own Yosh Box..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made my own Yosh Box..

I just wanted to brag, though it may be a bit early.. So far with my $10 multimeter I've got the correct voltages running through the box on the various settings. I'm going to run to the store later though to get a digital one just in case But until then, here's my mess! (Picture was taken with my phone...)

Re: Made my own Yosh Box..

If you can get it working properly and consistently, there are plenty of people who'd buy one off you too.
    ************************************************** **************************************************

My bike mod list - Click here

Comment

If I did it'd have to look prettier The good news is I all the voltages, within .05 to specifications, so she works!

Comment

I keep trying to get the directions off line but.... they never work for me I tried chis's site and all and still can't get it to download without being jiberish

Comment

Good job

Originally posted by FSUTL View Post
          I keep trying to get the directions off line but.... they never work for me I tried chis's site and all and still can't get it to download without being jiberish
          Chris' site or Chucks?

I have the schematics from when I traced it out here >> http://www.wotid.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=217 slhawkins emailed me the instructions he used, I can host them too if you want them?
          Last edited by Steve TLS; 11-13-2010, 07:15 PM. Reason: Moving all the remapping stuff to a different album
          "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

That link and this one...

http://www.chucksirois.com/tl1000/BuildaYosh.doc

Has everything I used. I didn't follow those instructions to the dot however, I just used them to reference voltages at the end. I mostly just followed the schematic and made up my own. (Not that one in that PDF file..) All I've ever soldered before was a 12V power supply so I could use a CB Radio at my house when I was 14.. So if I can make this work, anyone can.

Comment

Well done, Sir! There's no feeling quite like doing it yourself and getting it to work, eh?
              "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Colonel Jeff Cooper, in "The Art of the Rifle"

Comment

if it works top shape Id like to take a crack at making my own....
                1998 TLS
                Lower fairing kit, +MOD, TRE, PCIII, D&D Full System, K&N, Airbox MOD, HIDS 8K, Gunmetal powdercoated rims, Atomic Orange paint.

Comment

They work as well as the Yoshimura YAFMS R-421 does.
                  "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

I don't know if its on this site somewhere but didn't member "Rufer" modify the instructions . He showed how to improve the box using the potentiometer for finer adjustments.

Do you have a picture of the wiring mods Steve?

Comment

I posted a link to the diagram(s) further up http://www.wotid.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=217 Makenzie also built boxes with finer adjustments, the Yosh race box had finer adjustments too.

I can't remember how many spots were actually available in the ECU for reprogramming.

Comment

I remember the " Makenzie Box" and the extra adjustments but I could not find any information to confirm there were more settings than Low,Medium, and High.
                        I'd like to see the instructions for that box.

Comment

You just have to add extra dividers to the existing circuit.

ie. -10, -5, 0, +5, +10 can become -10, -7.5, -5, -2.5, 0, +2.5, +5, +7.5, +10 etc. (If the ECU can actually handle these values and put them somewhere.

The TEKA SFI seemed to be able to do it, but I never personally played with one.

Comment

Maybe Rufer will see this thread and tell us what he knows.

Comment

I had actually read that thread....

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spa...picID=24726476

You guys would be amazed at how easy this stuff is to find via Google I considered it, but figured that I'd leave it at the stock settings since it worked for everyone else. If I decide to take it to a dyno (Like... next year sometime) and I don't want to grab a PCIII at that time then I'd probably build one just for the purpose of having the finer adjustments available to me.

More importantly to myself, is that Rufer said he was able to test the Yosh box in realtime, with the bike running. I was sure I read that somewhere, and now that I have again I'm ready to try it

Comment

Working...
                              X