New ideas and looking for input....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ideas and looking for input....

Alright I have decided that i am not going to pay 200+ for a set of adjustable rear sets.... So I got to work today being that i have all the time in the world being unemployed and all... and well i made an aluminum plate that would bolt in to the stock location and add area to move the factory set back and up or down or whatever it is that you are looking to get out of them without having to buy a whole set but i still have this in the "Fab" stage so Im looking for input on what fellow tillers /tilles's would like to see out of something that well quite frankly i havn't seen anything like this I have a pretty good idea for a final design but want some out sourcing for idea's on what you all would like to see incorporated... so let me know what ya got.

Aside all that I have a set of shortened M4 bolt ons they have about 6 1/2 inches off them they are back together with the emblems on them so they look untouched.... lol for those that aren't aloud to have moded exhaust... I am looking for a set of D&D's .. black silver carbon, whatever as long as there D&D I don't care i have always liked them. let me know
    sorry so long winded but im bored out of my MINED

Re: New ideas and looking for input....

Man, that's a bummer about being laid off. Honest feedback (and not to sound demeaning), but I would probably look for side jobs or get a second job to fill my down time and then get a real set of controls. I guess there's so many companies out there that have been doing it for ages, anything a guy could come up with in his garage would probably just look/function subpar in comparison. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but honest feedback is the only kind I give. Sidenote: you should be able to come across rearsets for under $200. Maybe not the best looking things, and maybe not new, but likely better than something you could scrap together would be my guess. And if you try to build rearsets/adjustable plates, best of luck!

PS, I have a set of OEM rearsets off my '99 you could have for free to practice/hack on. I'm pretty sure they're functional...or are they? Anyway, you'd just have to pay shipping and the associated paypal stuff. It's been ages since I looked at them. I know the shifter lever has the "bolt mod" done to it due to a low speed low side crash. Maybe one other crash too. I can't remember. If you're interested, lemme know and I'll dig 'em out and take a look at them.
    Last edited by Pete; 11-13-2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I made those about 5 years ago.

Vanzuki.com - Click the banner below, to see what I have for your bike.

Comment

good luck with your plan on making some plates
        if you could make something along the lines of these, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Riser...Q5fAccessories
        but with some adjustment i'm sure there would be people out there who would be interested, i know i would be

Comment

Originally posted by vandriver View Post
          I made those about 5 years ago.

nice
          any thoughts on making any more

Comment

something like that but i want to offset the brackets so the rearsets actually sit flush with the original mounting area not out almost 3/4 of an inch.... still working on some ideas and i will look into making a smaller set for the raise and lift plates.

Comment

Originally posted by gaztl1000r View Post
              nice
              any thoughts on making any more
              No.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUTL View Post
                something like that but i want to offset the brackets so the rearsets actually sit flush with the original mounting area not out almost 3/4 of an inch.... still working on some ideas and i will look into making a smaller set for the raise and lift plates.
                More like 3/8".

Comment

when you made your brackets what feeling difference did you fell with the was it just not what you liked or did you have a set amount of feedback from other riders that had put them on their bikes? Im just curious as to why your conclusion to not make anymore when there is obviously a demand for them being more budget minded people out there that would surely try your design before opting to spend 200 on full rear sets?
                  sorry to be a pain im just trying to feel this whole thing out before i go any further with it, I might just make a set for myself and go from there and keep it that way. If there is something that you know that i may not know yet.

Comment

And to geekly the town that i live in isn't very big and most outfits here are book the economy is trashed I am curently looking into the border patrol deal now i take my test on the 13th of dec. But nothing is for sure yet Ive been in this town 8 years and well since getting out of the navy i have only seen people get fired not hired so much. Ive offered my time just to work and see if the people like what i have to offer and its bad when someone turns down free help for a day or two.

Comment

I know all about be laid off. I was for 5 months last year. It can really suck. If you can come up with a good looking set of mounts that move the peg back I'd be interested in getting some.

Comment

these cost $10

email me: [email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/chucks.net

My Parts and Service Business

My Site

The TL1000 Section and my mods

Free ECU Mapping Here

TL FAQ

Comment

what are "these" the brass knuckles ? or ... I don't see a mod on the rear set? maybe im just confused

Comment

yeaah -just changed the heel guards. are you really going to pay 200+ for footpegs that arent better than stockers?
                            email me: [email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/chucks.net

My Parts and Service Business

My Site

The TL1000 Section and my mods

Free ECU Mapping Here

TL FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by FSUTL View Post
                              when you made your brackets what feeling difference did you fell with the was it just not what you liked or did you have a set amount of feedback from other riders that had put them on their bikes? Im just curious as to why your conclusion to not make anymore when there is obviously a demand for them being more budget minded people out there that would surely try your design before opting to spend 200 on full rear sets?
                              sorry to be a pain im just trying to feel this whole thing out before i go any further with it, I might just make a set for myself and go from there and keep it that way. If there is something that you know that i may not know yet.
                              Everyone seemed to like them. I had Protek rearsets, so I never used them. I have no interest in making these types of parts again. I'm more making full rearsets and parts I'll actually use.

Comment

Working...
                              X