sv 1000 coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sv 1000 coils

How much do they help? Do you need to change the plug wires or can you use the sv ?

Re: sv 1000 coils

Originally posted by mudduck9 View Post
    How much do they help? Do you need to change the plug wires or can you use the sv ?
    They are hotter coils. So they help burn fuel better, which in turn helps to resist fouling of the plugs. You use the sv coil assembly. Wires, plug caps and all.
    Mike Rock
    NESBA #506 '98 TLR
    American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

I picked up SV650 coils. The leads are longer, more flexible and fit on the plugs. But do leave a gap in the plug hole. Not a big deal, I'm sure they will stay on. Would the 650's coils be the same as the 1000's coils?

Comment

Originally posted by bemdoubleyou View Post
        I picked up SV650 coils. The leads are longer, more flexible and fit on the plugs. But do leave a gap in the plug hole. Not a big deal, I'm sure they will stay on. Would the 650's coils be the same as the 1000's coils?
        Don't think they are the same. But a cross reference on Ron ayers would verify.
        Mike Rock
        NESBA #506 '98 TLR
        American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

sv1000 fit better then tlr and have no gaps anywhere.
          they are physically smaller so only one mounting hole is used, they are about a whole ohm hotter,
          get the newest available so they will last the longest, good improvement

Comment

Working...
          X