New Battery ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Battery ?

My 9+ year stock battery just took a dump. I have heard some have lasted even longer but I sure can't complain. Whats the latest from all on positive new battery experiences? Has anyone tried a Battery Outfitters battery? Please give me your opinions.

Re: New Battery ?

9yr on a batter. Dam you better put it in a case and set it on the mantel. Lol
    I haven't got more the 2 out of a motor cycle battery.
    There is only one that gives a 1yr warranty. The rest are like 90 days. Good luck.

Comment

9 years? Wow.. not even car batteries get 4 years

Comment

Sold my TLS with an original battery in it. I had it for 7.5 years.

My GSXR has the original battery in it, but it's only nearly 8 years old.
        "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Little more expensive, but well worth the money if you are in the market. Check out the speedcell lithium ferous batteries.

Can be bought from WWW.orientexpress.com
          Mike Rock
          NESBA #506 '98 TLR
          American cycle performance MRP motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Steve TLS View Post
            Sold my TLS with an original battery in it. I had it for 7.5 years.

My GSXR has the original battery in it, but it's only nearly 8 years old.
            Must be the water down there....or air....or lack of cold....or gravitational fields..... or phase of the moon.....

January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

It's not just him I've had the same battery in mine for 7 years. For all I know it might be the original. But it hasn't given up yet, so why replace it.

Comment

Just recently picked up an 01 TLR (1,906 actual miles) that still had the original Yuasa battery in it. Barely turned the bike over. So I gave the guy a 100 bucks less and stopped at Batteries Plus on the way home and picked up their Extreme Permaseal XTAZ14 gel cell battery for $80-90 I believe it was. And, it's almost identical in physical size/terminal layout as my 900rr battery, just a higher capacity. I've had real good luck with they're batteries personally, but again, everybody's got their own opinion. Opinions & buttholes, everyones got one....The XTA12 and XTAZ14 batteries are both for the Tiller/Tillerette, but are slightly taller. They'll fit in there with a little pushin' though
                XTA12: http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...i/TL1000R.aspx
                XTAZ14: http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...i/TL1000R.aspx
                For the few extra bucks and what, close to 40-50 CCA the XTAZ14 will keep you and your bike happy for a long time
                Last edited by Pete; 11-17-2010, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X