Cf Cans!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cf Cans!!!

I Was At A Local Bike Shop Yesterday Where Im Having My Bike Reconditioned And I Dont Know A Whole Lot About But I Assumed Carbon Fiber Cans Are Better Than The Stock Ones Im Getting With My New Exhaust As Far As Them Staying Cooler, Sound, And Overall Look Is Nicer So I Ask The Mechanic What He Thought And He Said That Cf Cans Are Actually Not Good For Tlr Because Of The Way The Engine Is It Actually Gets Too Hot For Cf Cans And Something About A Baffle...pretty Much It All Sounded Like Another Language To Me Can Some Please Tell Me The Difference Between The Two Or Give Me Your Opinion Or What You Have....2002 Tl1000r

Re: Cf Cans!!!

Cf Cans Are Actually Not Good For Tlr Because Of The Way The Engine Is
    And that's why everyone has them and they sell like hot cakes.

I have a 2001 TLR with a fill race Yosh CF system.
    It runs cooler, performance numbers are higher...

opinions are like ass holes, Everyone has one and they usually stink.

Go for it.
    Last edited by Riddick; 11-17-2010, 01:01 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

They're fine. I've had mine for years.

2001 with Two Brothers carbon fiber:

Last edited by LiononaLeash; 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM.
      TL1000R: For those who like to drive high speed tanks

Comment

Some very early full-race CF cans (notably early Yosh) did have trouble with the TL heat and pulses, and the CF burned brown and deteriorated at the inlet end of the muffler when the packing was gone (no insulation) or in their low-noise mufflers that had an initial empty chamber. Since then, Yosh stopped making the ones with the initial full-diameter empty chamber (not in CF or lines them with metal or stopped altogether as you never see them anymore), and for the TL mufflers with large-diameter inner tubes they painted the inside of the CF shell with a reflective alumimum paint and use better CF shells. Anyway, any CF TL cans made since about 1998 work great if you maintain (periodically replace) the packing and don't let them get empty.

CF shells are only slightly lighter and a bit less resonant, so Titanium is an equally valid choice from a performance persepective, and probably lasts longer; probably a better choice. The truth is that CF looks cool and that's the biggest reason it's popular.
        It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

That said, and giving Ti-Force their due respect, I've always had CF Yosh on my TLS and TLR (except for the CF D&D which I didn't like as much).
          It's about control skill; this is a motorized dance for joy and not Russian roulette.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddick View Post

Go for it.
            I must say that is one fine machine you have there i forgot all about the post for a second damn she is nice...

Comment

Ok Thats Understandable And I Appreciate The Info...with That Being Said Would I Or Is It Better To Run Full Cf Set Up Or Can I Just Buy A Set Of Bolt On Cf Cans..if So Who Has Some For Sale..lol

Comment

Originally posted by cyclecamper View Post
                Some very early full-race CF cans (notably early Yosh) did have trouble with the TL heat and pulses, and the CF burned brown and deteriorated at the inlet end of the muffler when the packing was gone (no insulation) or in their low-noise mufflers that had an initial empty chamber. Since then, Yosh stopped making the ones with the initial full-diameter empty chamber (not in CF or lines them with metal or stopped altogether as you never see them anymore), and for the TL mufflers with large-diameter inner tubes they painted the inside of the CF shell with a reflective alumimum paint and use better CF shells. Anyway, any CF TL cans made since about 1998 work great if you maintain (periodically replace) the packing and don't let them get empty.

CF shells are only slightly lighter and a bit less resonant, so Titanium is an equally valid choice from a performance persepective, and probably lasts longer; probably a better choice. The truth is that CF looks cool and that's the biggest reason it's popular.
                what do you mean by replace the packing and how often should that be done and whats something like that cost and what does not letting them get empty mean..lol...new to the bike scene

Comment

All cans need repacking eventually.

My advice would be; unless you know when they were repacked before you buy them. Repack them as soon as you get them.

I bought a full Ti Akra system second hand, fitted it then put the bike on a dyno for a custom map.

This is what happened, because the packing had a hole inside the can.

************************************************** **************************************************

My bike mod list - Click here

Comment

If you want carbon, go for it. However, keep all your carbon out of the sun. U/V will ruin the epoxy VERY quickly.
                    You do not talk about Fight Club....

Comment

Originally posted by Riddick View Post

Go for it.

02' TLR, Two Brothers Racing CF cans. Awesome performers. Yeah, they may need repacked once in a while. Like $20 from Two Bro's for the kits(s). Big Whoop. Cf also has a smooth non-metallic sound to it. very distinct.
                      I'd rather be playing baseball.

Comment

That's a nice bike!

Comment

Working...
                        X