No announcement yet.

What did you do on your TL today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family evenings are just too hectic to get much done. My "TL-Time" opportunity is at 0-dark thirty in the morning, before the family wakes up.
    They think I'm nuts - they are entitled to their opinion...

This morning's project: Replacing a worn-out Clutch Actuator Worm Gear Assy. These things live a hard life, hundreds of thousands of cycles exposed to gritty chain-lube residue, and typically receive little (or no) maintenance. In photo below, the old one is on top; If you look closely, you can see the dimples pounded into the inner-worm grooves. Sometimes the tiny ball bearings fall out or disintegrate entirely. Mine was intact, but fully hammered. Many TLS owners have no idea that this is a wear item.
    Lumpy clutch action on you TLS? Might want to clean/inspect/lube this poor little guy.

Clutch action feels MUCH better! No more of that sticky feeling and metallic popping noise.

Comment

• Yesterday I was able to carve up some roads after two weeks or so of sorting out some starting issues. Yes I had a complete blast!!!!
      HIT IT AND HOLD IT!!!

Comment

• Today me ol' thunder went down! We good though!
        HIT IT AND HOLD IT!!!

Comment

• As the angels sleep, the unwashed turn wrenches.
          This morning's project:
          tidy up swingarm, chain & sprockets, and remount the rear wheel.
          Then on to the front end. Popped 'er up with the DIY combo frame/head-lift stand and removed the front wheel.

​​​​
          Took off the tired BT-016 PRO, and spooned on a nice fresh S21 in it's place. Much better!
          ​​​

Cleaned the rotors and bolted it all back together.
          Then got a cuppa Joe and walked the dog.

Last edited by TLS-TedR; 05-29-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Rolled her out of the garage for an oil and filter change, I also decided to give the rear brake another shot at bleeding as the level had gone gone dead again, amazingly it's actually come good so I decided to flush through a couple of reservoirs with of brake fluid, this then led to me flushing the clutch and front brake reservoirs too.

All in all a very 'TL' productive day and after 7 years I still love this bike

Comment

• 26C today so took the bike to work instead of the tin box. Found a sick route to work 47 miles of A, B and some rural roads - not a dually or motorway in sight; a proper way to start and end the day!!

Cleaned and polished ready for the next adventure.....
              Buying: Its a cult bike Sir, the prices have stayed high.........

Selling: Its a niche bike Sir, the prices have dropped with its popularity..........

Comment

• Note: You don't need a FB account to view this album. My work over the last couple months.

- Tore it down to get the work done.

- Got my K7 GSXR 750 forks rebuilt as previously mentioned elsewhere on the board.
                - 1kg/mm springs
                - RaceTec Gold Comp and Reb valves
                - 5wt oil from RaceTec
                - New zip tie

- Sanded out scratches from my crash in the front fender and re clear coated with an aerosol 2k
                - still needs to be cut, buffed and polished

- Finally got my switch mount plate mounted. Thanks MetalBender.
                - It has my USB charging and radiator fan switch mounted.

- Replaced the PO's knife/blade type clutch lever with a shorty from LUO via Amazon. So far so good. Would have liked the ASV to match the brake lever, but couldn't justify the almost $300 they wanted.

- Installed my Vanzuki front sprocket cover and swingarm pivots. Had to make some adjustments to keep the back end from wanting to come around, but loving the drive it gives when I roll on the go grip.

- The radiator shroud was pretty pock marked and scratched from 40K miles, so I sanded it smooth and Plasti-Dipped it. Gave it some sticker treatment for the extra HP. Don't think it came out too bad.

- Rebuilt rear master cylinder and gave it a zap of black paint. Also installed the brake clevis I've had sitting around also from Vanzuki.

- Also replace the SOAS from the junkyard salvaged TLR I have. The previous one was sticky and squeaky. All around no good. This one is smooth as butter.
                - I know I still need to set my sag, but I cranked the collars up because I'm fat and it's easier to ramp down the collars on the bike than it is going up when I do get around to it.

- Replaced spark plugs

- Flush and fill cooling system

- T/B balance

- TPS sync

- washed and re-oiled K&N filter

- Welded some cracks in the fairings and welded a couple broken mounting tabs back on.

- Worked most of the dent out of my tank from previously mentioned crash.
                READY TO LAUNCH
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by s14slide View Post
                  Note: You don't need a FB account to view this album. My work over the last couple months.

- Got my K7 GSXR 750 forks rebuilt as previously mentioned elsewhere on the board.
                  - 1kg/mm springs
                  - 5wt oil from RaceTec
                  - New zip tie

You got some good aftermarket parts on there and it's taking shape nicely. Looking forward to seeing the completed bike.
                  You do not talk about Fight Club....

Comment

• Originally posted by Suprachrgd82 View Post

You got some good aftermarket parts on there and it's taking shape nicely. Looking forward to seeing the completed bike.
                    Thanks for the kind words. It's moving along lil by lil. One of these days I'll get the frame powdercoated and paint done and at least make her presentable.
                    READY TO LAUNCH
                    sigpic

Comment

• Found fuel in the coolant. Bleed front brakes. Run it with the vacuum damper on, then off.
                      Price up an R motor...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roundy View Post
                        Found fuel in the coolant. Bleed front brakes. Run it with the vacuum damper on, then off.
                        Price up an R motor...
                        Maybe just a head gasket?
                        READY TO LAUNCH
                        sigpic

Comment

Note: You don't need a FB account to view this album. My work over the last couple months.

- 1kg/mm springs
                          - 5wt oil from RaceTec
                          - New zip tie

- Sanded out scratches from my crash in the front fender and re clear coated with an aerosol 2k
                          - still needs to be cut, buffed and polished

- Finally got my switch mount plate mounted. Thanks MetalBender.
                          - It has my USB charging and radiator fan switch mounted.

- Replaced the PO's knife/blade type clutch lever with a shorty from LUO via Amazon. So far so good. Would have liked the ASV to match the brake lever, but couldn't justify the almost $300 they wanted.

- Installed my Vanzuki front sprocket cover and swingarm pivots. Had to make some adjustments to keep the back end from wanting to come around, but loving the drive it gives when I roll on the go grip.

- The radiator shroud was pretty pock marked and scratched from 40K miles, so I sanded it smooth and Plasti-Dipped it. Gave it some sticker treatment for the extra HP. Don't think it came out too bad.

- Rebuilt rear master cylinder and gave it a zap of black paint. Also installed the brake clevis I've had sitting around also from Vanzuki.

- Also replace the SOAS from the junkyard salvaged TLR I have. The previous one was sticky and squeaky. All around no good. This one is smooth as butter.
                          - I know I still need to set my sag, but I cranked the collars up because I'm fat and it's easier to ramp down the collars on the bike than it is going up when I do get around to it.

- Replaced spark plugs

- Flush and fill cooling system

- T/B balance

- TPS sync

- washed and re-oiled K&N filter

- Welded some cracks in the fairings and welded a couple broken mounting tabs back on.

- Worked most of the dent out of my tank from previously mentioned crash.
                          That's very nice, did like the neat usb install. Might have to copy that!

Comment

Maybe just a head gasket?
                            I'm weighing up the price of gasket sets and all the ancillary bits versus an R motor!

Comment

Working...
                            X