No announcement yet.

What did you do on your TL today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the Motor in Number 2 yesterday..... Ran the wiring greased all bearings ect.....
    www.sportbiketracktime.com
    Southern Division Coach

Comment

• I got all Patriotic with mine!!!!!
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/vQy1h9AOf7UT8GWC2

Last edited by Brainless; 12-26-2017, 02:23 PM.
      Southern Division Coach

Comment

• Originally posted by TLR67 View Post
        I got all Patriotic with mine!!!!!
        https://photos.app.goo.gl/vQy1h9AOf7UT8GWC2

Very cool.

With all the pics you share with your bike less than 40degree I'm surprised you still have stock wheels
        Brainless AT earthling DOT net
        "Take 2 plugs off your Gixxer and it'll sound the same"

*IMWO = In My Worthless Opinion
        Q2 and Q4's mod list and Albums

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
        Q4 build thread

Installing Brainless' +Mod Kit -- (Where to buy)
        Starter Relay/Solenoid CONNECTOR Replacement -- (Where to buy)

Comment

• Shit I cant justify 3K for a set of wheels..... Especially on a TLR....
          Southern Division Coach

Comment

• I welded the split in my fuel tank. I drained it two years ago so figured it would be safe to tig it up.

Swingarm and subframe are up for major surgery .

Been a bit busy just finished two engineering diplomas so bike has been neglected.

Comment

• Ripped out my old headlight relay harness and installed an Eastern Beaver kit. Very nice product BTW. Highly recommend. I'd have strung together my own again, but I can't find the sockets for the mini relays (same ones used on the fuel pump relay) that EB uses.

strung everything through the left harness vinyl sleeve to maintain a clean install.
              both (hi/low) relays mounted on left side, upper fairing lower mount arm and new H4 sockets from there.

installed 5pin relay as a starter switch cutoff.
              this relay provides power to a fuseblock installed on the battery case, so all non-starting required accessories (lights, usb charger and whatever else I decide to put on the other 8 plugs) cut off during starting operations.

also managed to clean up the wiring around the starter relay and tuck most everything in the space behind it.
              got rid of a lot of unnecessary wiring from the previous setup.

cleaned up the ignition coil relay wiring, getting rid of excessive lengths of wire that were previously just bundled up.

rewrapped the T in the harness behind the gauge cluster. The tape was just done for.

got rid of all the zip ties and used wax string to bundle wires IAW Air Force aircraft maintenance practices.

everything is crimped, soldered, greased and heat shrunk. No electrical connections were wrapped in tape. Lots of work to do it right, but I now have the peace of mind that is was done to a higher standard than usual.

READY TO LAUNCH
              sigpic

Comment

• Loaded them up for the Moto America Weekend at Road Atlanta.... I am entered in the Triple Crown there with WERA....
                Southern Division Coach

Comment

• started plastic welding the fairings. Happy to be back as a TL owner!!!

Comment

• Tore down the bike again now that the relay I needed is here and the temps have dropped again. Got as far as cutting wires to length, installing terminals. Took apart the wrap around the harness behind the clocks and got the power wire to the usb port and the ground for the coil hooked up. Still need to hook up 12v/pwr and coil signal wires, then rewrap the harness. Not much to see in the pictures because I'm keeping everything hidden in the factory wire wraps except for the small portions between ends of the factory wraps and the whatever they are going to.
                    READY TO LAUNCH
                    sigpic

Comment

• Went and worked on the TLS trackbike project. Starting to realise it may be a lost cause. Thing has been severely abused. 6500 miles on the motor and its just not runnin right at all. May rethink using it as a track machine and just part it out and use My TLR

Comment

• Trouble shooted the B Bike on why it wouldn't fire.... Checked out the fuel pump and the main return line was off.. Bought new clamps and put it back in and back to life...
                        Southern Division Coach

Comment

• * Tore down what remains of the TLR (post crash) down to the bare engine.
                          * Embarked on the projected 10 year task of locating, scraping, cleaning, and polishing, every inch of the bike.
                          * Spoke with a few surgeons regarding the risks in selling certain organs for OEM fairings

Comment

• I flew back to New Zealand end of last week and early this week removed the cover off TL1000S #2 for the first time since 2007.
                            It looks a little sad but no serious long term storage damage by the look of it and nothing a little buffing won't fix.

49 Sunbeam S7 deluxe - 57 Triumph TR6 Trophy- 68 Husqvarna MF250 Cross-68 Husqvarna MF360 Viking-71 Norton Commando Fastback-73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado-73 Kawasaki H2A 750-73 Ducati 750 GT-74 Kawasaki H2B 750-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail -74 Norton Commando Roadster-77 Ducati 900 SD-81 Ducati 900 SD-86 Husqvarna 400 WR-98 Suzuki TL1000S-98 Suzuki TL1000S-07 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S-08 Suzuki DR780

Comment

• Originally posted by TLDV8 View Post
                              I flew back to New Zealand end of last week and early this week removed the cover off TL1000S #2 for the first time since 2007.
                              Now there is an event that deserves a little fanfare.

What about #1?

Any chance of resurrecting it? Will it get a trip back to Oz?

January 2012 - BBOTM & TLOTM

Comment

• The other 1998 TL1000S is in there somewhere, there were a lot of things in the lock up I had forgotten about but will fly back at some stage and have some form of fire sale then look at a shipping container for the rest (including both TL's)
                                There would be the legal side of importation before hand.

I did grab my Lincoln V200T and removed the HDD from the stored desktop but can see but not access the files via a USB adapter so will take the lot to a shop tomorrow to have the contents transferred to an external hard drive.
                                I seem to remember there were over 7000 TL related pictures on it (HDD)

The problem I have now is to many motorcycles or projects let alone adding more so some will have to go.

49 Sunbeam S7 deluxe - 57 Triumph TR6 Trophy- 68 Husqvarna MF250 Cross-68 Husqvarna MF360 Viking-71 Norton Commando Fastback-73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado-73 Kawasaki H2A 750-73 Ducati 750 GT-74 Kawasaki H2B 750-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail-74 Triumph TR5T Trophy Trail -74 Norton Commando Roadster-77 Ducati 900 SD-81 Ducati 900 SD-86 Husqvarna 400 WR-98 Suzuki TL1000S-98 Suzuki TL1000S-07 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S-08 Suzuki DR780

Comment

Working...
                                X