What did you do on your TL today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThrillOfTill View Post

Nice bro. I took mine for a ride today too. I almost never ride her anymore though. I will miss her after I sell her after this season.
    Yeah, I hear ya… U getting something else or are you just done with the TL? After all the work and money put into mine, I can't bring myself to selling her myself… Could still happen one day, you never know, but for now the bike itself is still a dream… The traffic-jungle over here is another thing. Lots of malevolence on behalf of certain car-drivers... A real turnoff for being a bike-rider...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbender View Post

Yeah, I hear ya… U getting something else or are you just done with the TL? After all the work and money put into mine, I can't bring myself to selling her myself… Could still happen one day, you never know, but for now the bike itself is still a dream… The traffic-jungle over here is another thing. Lots of malevolence on behalf of certain car-drivers... A real turnoff for being a bike-rider...
      Yeah , traffic and dumb cagers, same here in Philly.I usually get outta city if i wanna enjoy riding my bike.
      you have to watch yourself on the way out, it takes me min 1hr or more to get to decent road.
      i feel like stupidity was invented in this city

Comment

• I hear ya, buddy... But in my case it wasn't stupidity (this time around), it was malevolence... This week, I had a guy in a car just forcing me to stop completely or he had hit me in the flank.. I was coming from his right side and I had right of way, wanting to go right at a smaller intersection, but he saw me coming at the intersection, he just pushed through, forcing me to stop. It was at very slow speed (for me), but the fucker had to completely go on the wrong lane after the intersection to pass me (standing still). It was a real WTF moment. I was pissed like hell, but I imagined these kind of people are capable of running you and your bike over when you stop in front of them at next stop to ask a lil explanation on this kind of aggression. Completely unnecessary, but he made his mind up to NOT let that bike ride in front of him. Needless to say at the earliest possible time, I passed him by. Thinking of using and mounting my gopro everytime I ride ( to work). Not much m ore you can do with these kind of a-holes...

Part of being a biker I guess… Sad stuff...

Comment

I hear ya, buddy... But in my case it wasn't stupidity (this time around), it was malevolence... This week, I had a guy in a car just forcing me to stop completely or he had hit me in the flank.. I was coming from his right side and I had right of way, wanting to go right at a smaller intersection, but he saw me coming at the intersection, he just pushed through, forcing me to stop. It was at very slow speed (for me), but the fucker had to completely go on the wrong lane after the intersection to pass me (standing still). It was a real WTF moment. I was pissed like hell, but I imagined these kind of people are capable of running you and your bike over when you stop in front of them at next stop to ask a lil explanation on this kind of aggression. Completely unnecessary, but he made his mind up to NOT let that bike ride in front of him. Needless to say at the earliest possible time, I passed him by. Thinking of using and mounting my gopro everytime I ride ( to work). Not much m ore you can do with these kind of a-holes...

Part of being a biker I guess… Sad stuff...
          Glad you managed to prevent the worst.
          Gopro on your bike is great idea, so you have recotdings of your comute, i commuted for a bit on my R1 crossplane and gaveup on it because i had car bumpers just inches from me every morning.
          Be safe, wear gear, and wish you many safe kms

Comment

• Thx man, same for you… Yeah the car bumpers... Don't get me started on that one…

R1 crossplane… They do have a very distinct and nice exhaust note too… Beautiful bikes...

Comment

Thx man, same for you… Yeah the car bumpers... Don't get me started on that one…

R1 crossplane… They do have a very distinct and nice exhaust note too… Beautiful bikes...
              Yes good bikes, i had 2010 R1, i threw out stock exhaust and ran GRAVES 4-2-1 LOW MOUNT...that thing was fast and loud as V8 engine

Comment

• Nothing ............... paid my subscription though
                BBOTM December 2016 Winner

TRE - A/box mod - K&N air filter - Barnett C/Springs - Maxton r/shock - D/bubble screen - Renntec grab rail - Lockwood dials - Protek R/Sets - Vans billet rear M/C - PC 111 - Full M4 exh sys - Yoshi RS3 cans - Brembo monobloc calipers - Bendix MRR pads - Venhill Lines - EBC Vee discs - Vans No Cut Sliders - P/Coated Frame Sw/Arm Sub frame Wheels - Brainless' + Mod - PSR Chain Adjusters - KTech fork springs - Brembo 19 RCS M/C

Comment

• exploring a slight lack of power. lcd display is so poor that I can't read codes . I did discover that the plug to the cam position sensor on the rear valve cover has no tab to keep the two connected. Maybe it's responsible for the poor response.
                  Run over on: '98 TL1000S
                  Riding: '98 TL1000R fighter
                  Drooling over: '02 TL1000R

Comment

• no power at all going through the TRE. hmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by drH View Post
                      no power at all going through the TRE. hmmmmm
                      Herman,

Should be 5v on the pink... that is a VERY constant 5v supplied from the ECU, so if no power to ECU, no power to the TRE...
                      ... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

• Originally posted by rxf610 View Post

Herman,

Should be 5v on the pink... that is a VERY constant 5v supplied from the ECU, so if no power to ECU, no power to the TRE...
                        I've got 4.8 on the pink and 4.8 on all the brass on the GPS but when I put the TRE back inline then no 4.8. I have had a look at the schematics for TREs and I believe the voltage is then cut at that point and only the reduced voltage to trick the ECU goes back.

Comment

• Originally posted by drH View Post

I've got 4.8 on the pink and 4.8 on all the brass on the GPS but when I put the TRE back inline then no 4.8. I have had a look at the schematics for TREs and I believe the voltage is then cut at that point and only the reduced voltage to trick the ECU goes back.
                          Do you get ANY voltage beyond the TRE? It has one function.... it lies to the ECU to basically say you are in a higher gear when in the lower gears...Mine is the 97S 2 wire and is simply just one 6k8 inline resistor...

From my testing ...

SUZUKI GEARING off GPI

1st gear = 1.782v

2nd gear = 2.242v

3rd gear = 2.960v

4th gear = 3.630v

5th gear = 4.310v

6th gear = 4.660v

Neutral = 5.000v

Remove the TRE entirely. If you have an analog meter use that, but measure the gears. Should be close to my chart.

If you want to PM me (or better yet just PM Tony, he knows this way better... )
                          ... Listen to Six5 ...

Comment

• Originally posted by rxf610 View Post

Do you get ANY voltage beyond the TRE? It has one function.... it lies to the ECU to basically say you are in a higher gear when in the lower gears...Mine is the 97S 2 wire and is simply just one 6k8 inline resistor...

From my testing ...

SUZUKI GEARING off GPI

1st gear = 1.782v

2nd gear = 2.242v

3rd gear = 2.960v

4th gear = 3.630v

5th gear = 4.310v

6th gear = 4.660v

Neutral = 5.000v

Remove the TRE entirely. If you have an analog meter use that, but measure the gears. Should be close to my chart.

If you want to PM me (or better yet just PM Tony, he knows this way better... )
                            I finally got somewhere. Freshly micro-sanded GPI face and TRE removed has got correct voltages occurring again.

Comment

• Rebuilt the left side of the Exhaust on the TL I wrecked in the last race... New sleeve, Mid and rivets... Big Thanks to Tom at M4 In Texas.. Another reason to buy M4 Systems... They actually still make them as well as the parts you need with good customer service unlike other companies!
                              www.sportbiketracktime.com
                              Southern Division Coach

Comment

• Originally posted by TLR67 View Post
                                Rebuilt the left side of the Exhaust on the TL I wrecked in the last race... New sleeve, Mid and rivets... Big Thanks to Tom at M4 In Texas.. Another reason to buy M4 Systems... They actually still make them as well as the parts you need with good customer service unlike other companies!
                                Did some Bodywork today.....
                                Before

www.sportbiketracktime.com
                                Southern Division Coach

Comment

Working...
                                X