Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market investigation; Who want's to have the coolest Suzuki gear indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe someting like this will keep me from shifting into 7th gear on the freeway

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
    "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
    -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

yeah, that seventh gear is a bitch. anyways it sounds good. need to have one for a 97 tls too.... i already have the special 97 gps connector for my tls!

Comment

yeah I may be down for one if the display shows the shifting in real time with no delay
        XLSR
        Xtreme Lean Sport Riders
        [email protected]
        www.NWminiMoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by kevh
          maybe someting like this will keep me from shifting into 7th gear on the freeway
          I want one so I dont downshift to 1st gear at the racetrack...
          (Gues if that happens now and then....)
          Gives you nice rear slides though! MotoGP here I come...
          TL1000R -99. Yellow/Black.
          M4 Full system(Alu), K&N Filter, TRE mod, removed Pair valve. Yoshimura clutch cover, removed Scissor gears, Carbon fibre hugger, carbon fibre rearhugger, HammerIt TLR/R fairings, Gilles Toolings rearset. Pazzo racing levers, shorties, Öhlins rear, Brembo front brakes, ET79 undertail, blah blah blah...
          ------------

Comment

Saw the video, go vertical scrolling rather than horizontal IMO
            "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Datatool make one that sells in the UK for £59. If yours is cheaper than that then I would definately buy one !!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve TLS
                I agree!
                BlueLghtning
                2001 Suzuki TL1000S (sold April '05 )
                2001 Suzuki SV650S
                2002 Yamha FZ1
                2001 GSXR 600 (track)
                1983 Yamaha Venture Royale
                My photos

Comment

I'd be in for one...

Any of you electronics gurus know if you could modify it to have an 12v output signal + or - doesnt matter whenever your in 3rd gear and above or 2nd/3rd selectable via switch would be even better!

Comment

The display looks very nice, and bright. How big is this thing? It looks kinda large.

As cool as the vertical scrolling is, it's slower than horizontal scrolling. In the interest of speed, I would prefer it to NOT scroll, just change immediately. To satisfy everyone, why not make it do all three, selectable with a button or switch??

Comment

i could use a cheap indicator.. i'm always wonding if i'm on one wheel in 2nd or third . and if i have to drop 3 or 4 gears on the highway to pull it up to impress that blond in the mustang ...
                      2000 Race only TLR - Accel. Tech built GSXR1K forks w/triple, calipers/pads - Braking Wave Rotors - Full M4 (carbon) - Ohlins damper - Ohlins rear - pirelli tires - Graves fairing stay - Race tail complete with sub-frame - PCII - BMC filter - full Air box mod - Body Double race bodywork - GSXR1K front fender - Galfer/Goodridge lines - Woodcraft rearsets - complete - Woodcraft 50mm clip-ons - Complete front and rear brake levers w/ pazzo short levers red - Tre-Mod + Mod

Comment

Re: Wow

Originally posted by TL4LIFE
                        I feel really stupid after reading all of that. The display looks awesome though. What is the estimated price gonna be? Ya gotta have a ballpark figure?
                        I will clean up the page and put the boring info on another side - or even remove it. Relized after i looked at it that I was just out information - sorry guys..

Mmmmm, estimated price would be in the range of €150 euro. The external interface to the PC will be extra but that basically a battery eliminator and a cable so i don't expect huge figures for that. Default you will not need this as the unit comes with a few standard setups that will cover most users needs.

Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Could be interesting price dependant of course (like everyone else has said).

Any way to wire it in place with stock type connectors? I will not chop my wire harness for something that may not work or screw things up and have no way to easily remove it.
                          I've got a huge penis, You've got a huge penis, even Tim over there, yup you guessed it, huge penis. Good, now that that's out of the way, let's go ride

Comment

Originally posted by Steve TLS
                            Ok, thats only 2 effects, you can choose what ever you want. Anyhow more on that later;

Got the box today so i will be busy this evening..

Will try to make a better video and clean up the page tonight. PCB's for prototype will go manufacturer tonight ;-)
                            Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Originally posted by Jack/Tokyo
                              spell check your webpage just to make it appear more professional...good luck with your projects
                              Yep i know - once again sorry for the bad layout/language.. I hear you guys, i will make it more informative and clean standby.

To my defence this is the first homepage i have ever tryed to build.

Cheers

Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Originally posted by SV996R
                                yeah I may be down for one if the display shows the shifting in real time with no delay
                                Yep, it's real time! Atleast as long as we are talking about the GPS version for suzuki GSXR's and TL's. Planning on doing support for RPM and Velocity input so it will work on any bike with electronic gauges.

Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Working...
                                X