Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market investigation; Who want's to have the coolest Suzuki gear indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy_uk_tlr
    Datatool make one that sells in the UK for 59. If yours is cheaper than that then I would definately buy one !!
    The new price on the datatool version is $149.90 i think. But it's a simple 7-segment version without programming capabilities.

My will not be the cheepest and not that expensive. but by far the most advanced, atleast what i have found , and i have not spared a cent on ruggedness and quality.

- depends on the volumes aswell to begin with it will be hand mounted and a "try to sell" product.. If the volume rises it there might be a reduction.

Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Originally posted by rupes
      I'd be in for one...

Any of you electronics gurus know if you could modify it to have an 12v output signal + or - doesnt matter whenever your in 3rd gear and above or 2nd/3rd selectable via switch would be even better!
      It's should not be a problem, give me a reason why and I might implement it. Anyhow if you need a special version i can work something out. Does a fairly week 3-3.3V output help you?

Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTwin
        The display looks very nice, and bright. How big is this thing? It looks kinda large.

As cool as the vertical scrolling is, it's slower than horizontal scrolling. In the interest of speed, I would prefer it to NOT scroll, just change immediately. To satisfy everyone, why not make it do all three, selectable with a button or switch??
        Ok, you can customize it to just flip do a faster scroll, more gap etc etc.. For this you will need an interface that will be avalible later on where you can draw images, program effects etc - thats for fanatics i know..

But i hear you and think it's a good idea, i will implement a selection between diffrent effects by default without the need of a PC.

Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Originally posted by DaGaz
          Ok, you can customize it to just flip do a faster scroll, more gap etc etc.. For this you will need an interface that will be avalible later on where you can draw images, program effects etc - thats for fanatics i know..

But i hear you and think it's a good idea, i will implement a selection between diffrent effects by default without the need of a PC.

Sorry forgot you size question.. got the box today.. it will have outerdimensions of 30 x 45 x 25 millimeter.. And display: 18 x 25,5. See the overlayspec to get an idea..

I got the box today, standby for a view on the homepage later.

Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Originally posted by dsly1
            i could use a cheap indicator.. i'm always wonding if i'm on one wheel in 2nd or third . and if i have to drop 3 or 4 gears on the highway to pull it up to impress that blond in the mustang ...
            Datatool has one nice simple one (looks not cheap anymore).. and there are some others.. saw someone on the net for like $89 with 7-segment display.

What would be cheap for you? Give me an idea.

WOW people! One day you post loads of good feedback! Great!

Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Originally posted by TLSBill
              Could be interesting price dependant of course (like everyone else has said).

Any way to wire it in place with stock type connectors? I will not chop my wire harness for something that may not work or screw things up and have no way to easily remove it.
              Price: See my other posts

Connection: Ohh good question! I have the ambition to get connectors that fits the stock harness GPS sensor.. There is only one cable that i need to figure out the best tap for and thats the +12 VDC.

Anyone has a good idea about this?

Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Update

Update folks.. just a small cosmetic change;

Will publish som pics hopefully tonight.

Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Sounds excellent, and i know it will be better spec, but when i could get the datatool one for about half the price - its just too expensive. That 50 saving will pay for a track day !!!!

Comment

I'm interested..

AND y'all keep in mind that this doesn't seem to be just a simple GPS,

It seems like you can make your ECU believe your bike is in whatever gear you program it to...

so basically it's like a GPS with a TRE that you can program..

ex. if you wanted your bike to think it was in 3rd when your in 1st and second, 3rd in 3rd, 4th in 4th.. and 5th in 5th and 6th..

or whatever you happen to dream up..

That (I assume) is why this is suzuki specific (so far)

So it's kinda hard to compare prices with a simple plastic gear position indicator..

AND IN REGAURDS TO price.. I'd go $150 US.. probably..

Nice work..

josh
                    04ktm625smc for (me)
                    00ktmDuke for (her)

..--{{98TLS_TLRmotor_Marchesinis_Etc}}--..
                    \\\wr450 for (dirt)
                    \\\JR80 for (scabs)

Comment

It's should not be a problem, give me a reason why and I might implement it. Anyhow if you need a special version i can work something out. Does a fairly week 3-3.3V output help you?

Yup... that would be fine

Comment

Originally posted by rupes
                        Yup... that would be fine
                        Ok, that no problem! It's not that weak (+/- 15mA) but it's an I/O running directly to MCU so you might want to protect it outside.

I just take a free I/O on your version and run it with a cable out from the box. Do you need to able to set the gears it's giving 1's and 0's on afterwards with a setupmode or can you decided to have a locked relation?

Is this for the NOS switch?
                        Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Ok, that no problem! It's not that weak (+/- 15mA) but it's an I/O running directly to MCU so you might want to protect it outside.

I just take a free I/O on your version and run it with a cable out from the box. Do you need to able to set the gears it's giving 1's and 0's on afterwards with a setupmode or can you decided to have a locked relation?

Ohh by the way; i cannot take guarantees for the ruggedness on the signal as there are no protection on it so it will be up to keep it safe. Anyhow it's not that sensitive - i can give you the maximum ratings, and you should be careful with ESD before it's soldered into place... otherwise you should be fine..
                          Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Originally posted by tl1ks
                            I'm interested..

AND y'all keep in mind that this doesn't seem to be just a simple GPS,

It seems like you can make your ECU believe your bike is in whatever gear you program it to...

so basically it's like a GPS with a TRE that you can program..

ex. if you wanted your bike to think it was in 3rd when your in 1st and second, 3rd in 3rd, 4th in 4th.. and 5th in 5th and 6th..

or whatever you happen to dream up..

That (I assume) is why this is suzuki specific (so far)

So it's kinda hard to compare prices with a simple plastic gear position indicator..

AND IN REGAURDS TO price.. I'd go $150 US.. probably..

Nice work..

josh
                            Thanks!

Mm, yep you right something in the advanced setup you will be able to program resistancevalue directly. For the basic programming with just the unit in hand you can set (see below table) A-G to whatever setting you want.

Gear 1 - Gear A
                            Gear N - Gear B
                            Gear 2 - Gear C
                            Gear 3 - Gear D
                            Gear 4 - Gear E
                            Gear 5 - Gear F
                            Gear 6 - Gear G

And the plans for making it fit other bikes and a more general Tacho/Speed signal extension are on the loop.. But I will start with the Suzuki dedicated version :-)

Do you know how GPS sensors on other brands look like?

Generally i'am not that into doing Tacho/Speed sensing as it will introduce a delay from gear-into-place - clutch release - steady running and display showing actual gear.
                            Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Yes

I do have a couple of options tho but I would like a gear indicator anyway and if I could intergrate them that would be cool. If when its finished I could jump in a program which gears send a signal that would be all I need.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Folks! Update avalible

Now there is some new pictures and two new movies showing display in box and all gears.. This is the last visual before real operating prototypes.
                                Twins are twice as fun

Comment

Working...
                                X