Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market investigation; Who want's to have the coolest Suzuki gear indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    DaGaz

• DaGaz
    replied
    Hi folks,

I have been a little bit lazy to inform you about updates..

From now on i will just update the page and there will be a clear date visibile on top of the first page for the latest update date - so if you are intressted just check the page from time-to-time. I will try to add a "email subscription update function" later.

I have cleaned up the page pretty much so it's not that fuzzy anymore.

http://medlem.spray.se/tl1000r

Keep cool!

/DaGaz

Leave a comment:

• DaGaz

• DaGaz
    replied
    Originally posted by kevh
    looking good dagaz!

it is looking like a nice small package (all display, not "extra" box)
    Yep, there will be no extra box.. All electronics will fit inside the displaybox.

And i will produce it in qty's for sure now have ordered some of the critical components for the first 25 and we'll see how it goes if it's positive i will make maby a 2-500 batch or so.

Leave a comment:

• kevh
    Davcruz made me do it!!

• kevh
    replied
    looking good dagaz!

it is looking like a nice small package (all display, not "extra" box)

Leave a comment:

• DaGaz

• DaGaz
    replied
    Hi Folks! Update avalible

Now there is some new pictures and two new movies showing display in box and all gears.. This is the last visual before real operating prototypes.

Leave a comment:

• Rupes
    I'm your buddy !!!

• rupes
    replied
    Originally posted by DaGaz

Is this for the NOS switch?
    Yes

I do have a couple of options tho but I would like a gear indicator anyway and if I could intergrate them that would be cool. If when its finished I could jump in a program which gears send a signal that would be all I need.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• DaGaz

• DaGaz
    replied
    Originally posted by tl1ks
    I'm interested..

AND y'all keep in mind that this doesn't seem to be just a simple GPS,

It seems like you can make your ECU believe your bike is in whatever gear you program it to...

so basically it's like a GPS with a TRE that you can program..

ex. if you wanted your bike to think it was in 3rd when your in 1st and second, 3rd in 3rd, 4th in 4th.. and 5th in 5th and 6th..

or whatever you happen to dream up..

That (I assume) is why this is suzuki specific (so far)

So it's kinda hard to compare prices with a simple plastic gear position indicator..

AND IN REGAURDS TO price.. I'd go $150 US.. probably..

Nice work..

josh
    Thanks!

Mm, yep you right something in the advanced setup you will be able to program resistancevalue directly. For the basic programming with just the unit in hand you can set (see below table) A-G to whatever setting you want.

Gear 1 - Gear A
    Gear N - Gear B
    Gear 2 - Gear C
    Gear 3 - Gear D
    Gear 4 - Gear E
    Gear 5 - Gear F
    Gear 6 - Gear G

And the plans for making it fit other bikes and a more general Tacho/Speed signal extension are on the loop.. But I will start with the Suzuki dedicated version :-)

Do you know how GPS sensors on other brands look like?

Generally i'am not that into doing Tacho/Speed sensing as it will introduce a delay from gear-into-place - clutch release - steady running and display showing actual gear.

Leave a comment:

• DaGaz

• DaGaz
    replied
    Ok, that no problem! It's not that weak (+/- 15mA) but it's an I/O running directly to MCU so you might want to protect it outside.

I just take a free I/O on your version and run it with a cable out from the box. Do you need to able to set the gears it's giving 1's and 0's on afterwards with a setupmode or can you decided to have a locked relation?

Ohh by the way; i cannot take guarantees for the ruggedness on the signal as there are no protection on it so it will be up to keep it safe. Anyhow it's not that sensitive - i can give you the maximum ratings, and you should be careful with ESD before it's soldered into place... otherwise you should be fine..

Leave a comment:

• DaGaz

• DaGaz
    replied
    Originally posted by rupes
    Yup... that would be fine
    Ok, that no problem! It's not that weak (+/- 15mA) but it's an I/O running directly to MCU so you might want to protect it outside.

I just take a free I/O on your version and run it with a cable out from the box. Do you need to able to set the gears it's giving 1's and 0's on afterwards with a setupmode or can you decided to have a locked relation?

Leave a comment:

• Rupes
    I'm your buddy !!!

• rupes
    replied
    It's should not be a problem, give me a reason why and I might implement it. Anyhow if you need a special version i can work something out. Does a fairly week 3-3.3V output help you?

Yup... that would be fine

Leave a comment:

• tl1ks

• tl1ks
    replied
    I'm interested..

AND y'all keep in mind that this doesn't seem to be just a simple GPS,

It seems like you can make your ECU believe your bike is in whatever gear you program it to...

so basically it's like a GPS with a TRE that you can program..

ex. if you wanted your bike to think it was in 3rd when your in 1st and second, 3rd in 3rd, 4th in 4th.. and 5th in 5th and 6th..

or whatever you happen to dream up..

That (I assume) is why this is suzuki specific (so far)

So it's kinda hard to compare prices with a simple plastic gear position indicator..

AND IN REGAURDS TO price.. I'd go $150 US.. probably..

Nice work..

josh

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy_uk_tlr
    Baby Twin

• Jimmy_uk_tlr
    replied
    Sounds excellent, and i know it will be better spec, but when i could get the datatool one for about half the price - its just too expensive. That 50 saving will pay for a track day !!!!

Leave a comment:

• DaGaz

• DaGaz
    replied
    Update

Update folks.. just a small cosmetic change;

Will publish som pics hopefully tonight.

Leave a comment:

• DaGaz

• DaGaz
    replied
    Originally posted by TLSBill
    Could be interesting price dependant of course (like everyone else has said).

Any way to wire it in place with stock type connectors? I will not chop my wire harness for something that may not work or screw things up and have no way to easily remove it.
    Price: See my other posts

Connection: Ohh good question! I have the ambition to get connectors that fits the stock harness GPS sensor.. There is only one cable that i need to figure out the best tap for and thats the +12 VDC.

Anyone has a good idea about this?

Leave a comment:

• DaGaz

• DaGaz
    replied
    Originally posted by dsly1
    i could use a cheap indicator.. i'm always wonding if i'm on one wheel in 2nd or third . and if i have to drop 3 or 4 gears on the highway to pull it up to impress that blond in the mustang ...
    Datatool has one nice simple one (looks not cheap anymore).. and there are some others.. saw someone on the net for like $89 with 7-segment display.

What would be cheap for you? Give me an idea.

WOW people! One day you post loads of good feedback! Great!

Leave a comment:

• DaGaz

• DaGaz
    replied
    Ok, you can customize it to just flip do a faster scroll, more gap etc etc.. For this you will need an interface that will be avalible later on where you can draw images, program effects etc - thats for fanatics i know..

But i hear you and think it's a good idea, i will implement a selection between diffrent effects by default without the need of a PC.

Sorry forgot you size question.. got the box today.. it will have outerdimensions of 30 x 45 x 25 millimeter.. And display: 18 x 25,5. See the overlayspec to get an idea..

I got the box today, standby for a view on the homepage later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X