Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black or Carbon Fiber Brake and Clutch Levers for TLS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black or Carbon Fiber Brake and Clutch Levers for TLS?

I'd like to pick up some black or carbon fiber clutch and brake levers for my TLS. Does anyone know if anyone makes them? LP makes them for the TL but only the clutch is available in CF. Does anybody else make them for the TLS in color?

Also, does anyone know if the TLS uses the same levers from the TLR?

Thanks,
    Frank

spray paint those mo fo's if you want them black. if you want them cf, check ebay. there's always a set there.
    Why yes I am a jackass, thank you.

<------ Post whore in training

Http://530riders.com

Comment

Black levers are almost impossible to find so good luck and let me know if you find them. I think SDTLR will be interested if you find them as well.
      2003 Blue and White TL1000R (The faster colors) Yoshimura Ti Cans, TRE, Custom Homemade Fender Eliminator, Hammerit Carbon Look Intake Covers, PC II, Fan Switch Mod. Yellow Box, Nissin Brake Caliper and Goodridge SS Brake Lines.

They say that only the good die young, so I plan on living forevever.

#1 STUNT FORUM SUPPORTER

Comment

Powder coat them for black, won't rub off like paint might.
        "...But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"

Comment

I think the brake levers are the same:dunno

The clutch is definately different.

If you find a TLR clutch lever in black I will give you $50 for it

I have been searching for months
          TLOTM:
          May 2003
          August 2004

Comment

*cough* get them anondized you lazy ass

-

Comment

I will look into having them powdercoated in black and will post back here.

Thanks,
              Frank

Comment

Originally posted by crashtd
                *cough* get them anondized you lazy ass

-
                Beat me to it !!!

I do have a site bookmarked at home that sells black ones fairly cheap. I'll post it tonight when I get home. What I would like is black "shorty" style ones. You know the 2 finger ones ... did have a site ages ago but lost it..

Comment

bring on the links rupes

Black Shorties

If I take my lever off to get it P/C or anodized I won't be able to ride the bike to the shop

TLOTM:
                  May 2003
                  August 2004

Comment

Ah you gotta do what I did. Get hit by a car so you can have the parts painted while the bike is in the shop!

Comment

Originally posted by rupes
                      Beat me to it !!!
                      I do have a site bookmarked at home that sells black ones fairly cheap. I'll post it tonight when I get home. What I would like is black "shorty" style ones. You know the 2 finger ones ... did have a site ages ago but lost it..
                      Oh man, I've been meaning to ask about this! I've heard about shorter clutch and brake levers before and that they are used by racers because they don't get as damaged when you crash. Does anyone have any info on them? If you can find that URL, that would be great.

Thanks,
                      Frank

Comment

Check this place out but it looks like they only do dirt bikes:

http://www.danarty.com/

Comment

another thing you can do to keep the whole lever from getting snapped off in a crash is to measure from the end the minimum amount of lever you can ride with and drill a hole in it. this will cause a weaker spot that is plenty strong enough to ride with and in a crash the lever will break at that spot.

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
                          "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
                          -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

F.Y.I.

I found a site a while back on how to Anodize parts at home....

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml

take this for what its worth, i've not done it or seen it... so i'm not vouching for it...

... if anyone does try it, I'd love to hear (see) how it worked....
                            Gap Mod, N2Wheelies undertray, fan-switch, Bitubo shock, Chewy's spacers, Riflemans 1/5 turn throttle

Comment

Short Levers? CRG makes beautiful parts:

http://www.kyleusa.com/catalog/crg_b...rs_2450245.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X