Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright fellow TLR's, what part is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright fellow TLR's, what part is this?

And why the hell is it leaking oil? I tried finding it on the microfiche with no success. I posted about a leak from around my exhaust, but after further research found this little bolt had a blip of oil leaking from it. I believe this to be my cause of my smoke.

Has anyone else had this problem? What was the remedy? I tightened the bolt up, but I doubt this is the end of it.
    I know nothing about bikes.

Sorry

I don't know how to use the arrows. But its the bolt between the two allen head bolts above the hose. Tried to center it. Still

Comment

Which side of the bike is the camara on? Where in relation to something else?
      Nathan
      2001 Ducati 996
      Former 1997 TLS Owner

Of all manifestations of power, that which most impresses is restraint - Thucydides

Comment

clue for you

Front half of bike, below the front cylinder head? Maybe right hand side if sitting on bike.

Comment

Cam chain tensioner by looks of it, I'd have to look at my engine then your photo to orientate myself properly.

Why is it leaking? Because it can :dunno Tried nipping it up? (Don't go overboard with the tension.)
          "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Its a bit hard to tell... its not the plugging the hole where a hose to the oil cooler would be on a TLS block. I've never taken much notice where the oil line on an S goes back into the engine.

Comment

uh uh

Alright its above the front header pipe. I just need to know if this is a maintenance issue, with this thing coming loose for no reason.

Comment

That's the front cam chain tensioner and who knows why it came loose. I'd say just tighten it and don't worry about it anymore. You should get a little squish from the copper washer when tightening it, but not too much .. sort of like tightening a brake line banjo bolt.

If it still leaks, go order another copper washer for it.
                MRA Rider Rep; '99, '03, & '05 MRA SuperTwins GTO champ; Big Stick Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Steve TLS
                  Cam chain tensioner by looks of it, I'd have to look at my engine then your photo to orientate myself properly.

Why is it leaking? Because it can :dunno Tried nipping it up? (Don't go overboard with the tension.)
                  It does have a gasket! I would try to tighten it first and if it still leaks change the gasket!
                  http://media.damnfunnypictures.com/dfp/fg_14.gif
                  My sig image busted the height and size limits.

Comment

Working...
                  X