X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • russomf
    finally got a knee down
    • Aug 2003

ceramic coating exhaust headers

Has anyone ceramic coated their exhaust headers on a TLR? i am looking to have this done this winter and was looking for some feedback or suggestions for good shops to do the work. i am sick of haveing my a$$ on fire when riding through town on a 80 degree day. I have heard that the coating actually helps with performance by moving the heat through the pipes faster. Any validity to this. Also what should I be paying if anyone has had this done?
    No More TLR
  • horkn
    • Mar 2003

i think any powdercoater can do this. i'm interested because i want the same done to my s full yosh system. the pipes are brown, and would look sweet in chrome coated. there is a company that is called swain tech. they do all sorts of exhausts, sleds, bikes cars...

Comment

• TLstreak
      • Feb 2003

No ceramic coating not powder. Geez I had a link saved for this. Having the inside and outside done will help on heat and the guarentee it for the life of the bike. No mo miscoloring.

Comment

• kevh
        Davcruz made me do it!!
        • Aug 2003

a friend had a pro street drag bike with a small banana pipe for the exhaust (coming straight out of a turbo). it was coated inside and out by jet hot (if i remember right) and you could literally hold the pipe after it had been running for awhile.

now since it was coming straight off the turbo it should be cooler anyway, but to be able to touch the pipe of a hot 1200cc motor sold me

i dont think powder coating could take the heat. since it is like a thin plastic layer it would probably melt but i could be way off

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
        "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
        -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

• rupes
          I'm your buddy !!!
          • Apr 2003

I did mine. They come out a matt aluminium colour. Well it is an aluminium coating over a ceramic coating. Easy to clean with a green scourer and you can even polish them up with some Autosol very easilly

These are filthy but you can wipe that brown crudd of with a cloth.

Comment

• TLRMAN
            Evil Twin
            • Feb 2003

Scroll to the bottom of the page then read the rest of the site allot of good information.

Click here
            Lance Seattle, WA.
            For the cool vids of me and my buddies:
            www.exackley.com/myvids.htm

Comment

• TLRMAN
              Evil Twin
              • Feb 2003

Oh hell I will do a little picture bling too...

Lance Seattle, WA.
              For the cool vids of me and my buddies:
              www.exackley.com/myvids.htm

Comment

• 98tiller
                Baby Twin
                • Feb 2003

Jet Hot is the right company. My dad and his hot rod buddies all use it for the headers and manifolds, it looks sharp and aparently keeps the heat way down, I am sending off a less than stellar looking Yosh headers from my 600 to be done will try to remember to give you guys a report. There are only 3 places in the country that due jet hot (I think there are a lot of immitators though) and they due it all by shipping back and fourth to you. They quoted me $200 Bucks to strip the nickle off the headers($50) and recoat the headers inside and out with jet hot.
                "We can't stop HERE, this is bat country." HST
                Dead Horse Racing Tucson, Arizona
                " You can't beat a dead horse "

Comment

• SWEET-TL1000S
                  I <3 GUNS LOL
                  • Feb 2003

Jet-hot is the thing to do!!!! 98Tiller, I talked to a rep when I was thinking about doing this and they just coat the outside of the exhuast, not the inside.

Comment

• Tbird
                    Come here gixxer boy...
                    • Feb 2003

I third the Jet hot suggestion.

Edit-ack sweet was a second ahead-I have heard of coating the inside as well, but it may be more for projects where the exhaust is pretty far gone (ie rust).

Comment

• kevh
                      Davcruz made me do it!!
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by TLRMAN
                      Oh hell I will do a little picture bling too...

that tiller is schweeeeet!! loven the paint scheme.
                      what color do you register it as? might make it a little harder for the po-po to id you

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
                      "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
                      -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

Working...