mapping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mapping question

i know the power commander can help the performance with the addition of after-market pipes/ air filter, etc. but does anyone remap the computer? I have a few buddies who had their Ducati cpu's re-flashed for enhancment. Does anyone offer this service for a TLS (or TLR)? ... yeah, and i saw the "G" pod- force-thingy or whatever it is on the other post from ebay.... nevermind that.....
    Gap Mod, N2Wheelies undertray, fan-switch, Bitubo shock, Chewy's spacers, Riflemans 1/5 turn throttle

The only other remap I know of is with the Yosh box (YAFMS) or the Teka box. Any dealer should do it for a nominal fee. I've seen them as low as $25 and as high as $125
    SOLD! 2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Blue/White
    Two Brothers Exhaust - YAFMS Remap - Ohlins Rear Shock - FSMD Undertail - Rear Hugger - No-Cut Frame Sliders - Custom Airbrushed Solo Tail Cowl

Comment

i think most peeps go with the pc2 because you can change it whenever you want. you have all the control once you hook it to a pc.

if you go to a dynojet tuning center, they can hook up an uber special computer and do one dyno run, then build the map you need. saves the trouble/cost of multiple runs. only problem is around here only a couple harley dealers have the software, and i dont want to make them mad by taking in the tillis

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
      "Aerodynamics are for those who fail to make HORSEPOWER!"
      -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

Yeah, flashing the ROM can bite you if something happens and you can't figure out what the problem is! Imagine you're cruising along the highway and suddenly your bike starts coughing and sputtering for some reason. With the PC2, you can unplug it and everything is back to stock. If this fixes it, you know it's either your map or the box itself. If this doesn't fix it, you know it's not a problem there!

Comment

i don't really know about this but the Ducati cats i know that had their cpu's re-flashed ( i think by Fast by Ferraci) said its better for performance 'cause its a direct input program as opposed to a PCII or Yosh 'cause all those do is "fool" the main cpu and tell it to do something else.....Apparently the input is faster with the direct mod rather than the "computer - trick input- output" method which equals a more responsive, faster "tweek".

again, i dunno, it could be a fine-fine line... just wondered if anyone had experiance with this?
          Gap Mod, N2Wheelies undertray, fan-switch, Bitubo shock, Chewy's spacers, Riflemans 1/5 turn throttle

Comment

good point MonkeyClaw!!!

Comment

so, for those of you with the PCII, is the performance change very noticable? Smoother reponse, easier roll-ons? Do you need a TRE or did you have one before the PCII then ditched it? Are the maps good for a variety of exhaust mods and manufacturers?
              alot of questions i know... I just gotta know, ya know?!

Comment

Originally posted by llamacide
                so, for those of you with the PCII, is the performance change very noticable? Smoother reponse, easier roll-ons? Do you need a TRE or did you have one before the PCII then ditched it? Are the maps good for a variety of exhaust mods and manufacturers?
                alot of questions i know... I just gotta know, ya know?!
                performance change for me was very noticeable. i didnt install the pc2 until after i had swapped in a k&n filter and put the yosh full system on. she was running pretty rich and "doggy"

throttle response (at all speeds/rpms) improved

i dont have a tre now (but will soon) and mine is fine. i will let you know if anything improves with a tre

the map i am using came off the k&n site (clicky for an idea about what is already out there) and works well for my bike. my only complaint is that i live at 5500 ft. and often ride at altitudes up to 10 or 11,000 ft. if i knew what to adjust i the map, i believe i could get better performance at the altitude i am at. since k&n is in CA, i figure the maps are written for sea level. last time i took my tillis to laguna for the wsb weekend there was a very noticeable difference.

like steve told me...ask away...this is the place to get questions answered

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

CLICK HERE to donate a couple dollars/rubles/won/yen/euro/pounds/francs/etc to the greatest forum on the web!
                -Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

Perhaps it is crude, but when you are at really high elevation, you could pull off on the side of the road and use the buttons on the box to adjust the curve. I find leaning mine "2 bars" when riding at 8,000 feet on a warm day makes a nice difference.
                  "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

thx duken, that is what i have been doing, but only when we go up really high and she starts popping like a sum bish. if i could only figure out fields in which table to adjust in the map. im a tad too lazy to do the trail and error thing

duken, are you leaning low, mid, and high or just low and med?

thx

-Enzo Ferrari-

Comment

Well, I just bought a Yosh box clone, not happy that I am limited to such coarse adjustments, but I'll sleep better with an ECU flash rather than a PCII, the PCII does run about 2 revolutions behind the ECU, but I don't think that's such a big deal, but I just "feel" better not having a piggy back arrangement on the ECU, I'd much prefer a TEKA, but I can't afford it.

If your bike runs fine once after a flash, then days later it is a POS, it wont be the flash. It'll be something else.
                      "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

Working...
                      X