Fishtail Riding School 9-8-2010 @ NHMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishtail Riding School 9-8-2010 @ NHMS

I'm signed up. Is anyone thinking of going? It would be nice to see the TL community represent.
    TL1000R: For those who like to drive high speed tanks

Re: Fishtail Riding School 9-8-2010 @ NHMS

How much is it to sign up? Where do i go to sign up? its only 25 mins south for me!

Comment

www.fishtailridingschool.com

its $220 I think.

Comment

Hey Lion, you heard they changed turn 2, right? I'll be riding it for the first time labor day weekend (races)...I'll letcha know how it is. They're supposed to be putting in removable 'stepped' curbing so we don't hit our heads on the wall - kind of like turn 10....There's other changes rumored also....

Comment

OH really? I know they changed turn 1 last year. I didn't know that turn 2 is different too. is it going to be brought out further, effectively making the turn slower?

Comment

you haven't ridden the new turn 1? I like it. Totally different with a couple of different lines. Turn 2 is...interesting....they put white duct tape down for the curb and put some airfence on the inside so you can't hit the wall. there were cones before and after the apex. There is new pavement in the shape of a triangle that adds 2 more bumps. I really didn't feel the bumps, but some others did. It points you more towards turn 3 rather than the wall. It's actually faster giving you more speed down the chute. you need to change up the exit to turn 1a also to hit it correctly. all in all, I like it. There's also a reshaped pit out...1,000 times better!

Edit: just noticed you were there yesterday...what'da think?
            Last edited by marshdrummer; 09-09-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

How do you handle the turn 1 entry? I was driving it fairly deep and staying to the right a bit. It made turn 1 a larger faster arc, which seems to set up 1A for a late apex, giving LOTS of room to get on the gas and really rail around turn 2.

I notice I'm carrying much more speed down the back straight than before. I actually run out of RPMs before shutting down for turn 3 now.

I'll be chewing on some other observations on my bikes handling and make some small changes.

No more track days this year.

Comment

Sounds about what I am doing....

I've been playing around with 1 for a few weekends now. I seem to feel the most comfortable staying against the wall until the 2 board. I turn in hitting the inside corner of the orange square, aimed at the curbing at the apex. With the new turn 2, I hug the curbing in 1 a little longer, late apexing 1a, going a little deeper on the exit, then on the gas earlier through 2. At first, I was hitting limiter just at the breaking point for 3 (2nd cone from the entry (on my SV, NOT the TL)), now I am hitting limiter at the crack (just before the 1st cone). I am going to try to go down a tooth in the rear to accomodate the speed change.

Another line I've tried that some racers take - stay about 10 feet from the wall down the straight and point AT the end of the jersey barriers around the 4 board....It has a slower entry speed since you have to lean over more/longer, but it lets you get on the gas earlier/harder for 1a.

I like the first line better since the SV is a little jerky. I can roll off/break/and be back on the gas by the apex of 1 and keep a positive/maintenace/positive throttle through the whole chicane. The other way, I find myself 'coasting' through 1 until I'm comfortable enough to whack it open to flip me for 1a.

I'm debating whether or not to bring the TL to the last of my NH trackdays (Oct 4,5,6). Then I could give you better reference points.....We'll see since it is also a race weekend (10/2, 10/3). I am bringing her to NJMP 9/26 and 9/26. Can't wait! I miss Miss Piggy on the track!

Comment

Yeah, Marsh, that sounds awesome.

Let me know if you feel like you're underpowered for those bigger tracks at NJMP. Dylboss and I want to go there next year when Fishtail Riding School does a double header there.

Comment

Working...
                  X