Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in Yoshimura full exhausts (again)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedking View Post

Assumption would be that we'd need 25+ per model....so far it looks like only the TLR fitment would be targeted, but we would surely ask Yoshi if the TLS fitment could be snuck in as well.

Given retail on a full M4 system is $1250....I would assume Yoshi to be in the similar price range for the re-do on the RS-3....but don't hold me to that. We'll negotiate the price once we get critical mass assembled.

If we get deposits from everyone on the list, go to Yoshi, and their pricing isn't reasonable to all those signed up, we'll simply refund deposits and call it quits.
    Yes, they need a commitment of at least 25 per system. Unfortunately there won't be any sneaking in another system if the required interest isn't there. Having gone through their production facilities...they aren't in business to lose money and have a massive investment in equipment to make their parts and systems.

People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

Originally posted by actls View Post
      ...they aren't in business to lose money and have a massive investment in equipment to make their parts and systems...
      Suzuki is aiming towards the oldskool fans with their TL birthday/classic bike race/new from parts TL and Slabby. Interest here for the TLS system isn't all that, but I'm sure people would buy parts. Isn't that possible, to just have TLS mids done again?

Comment

Full Yoshi TLR RS3 systems with dual mufflers

1. Pat Man TLR
        2. Jimmywwjd
        3. OldskolTLer
        4. i8acobra
        5. Brainless
        6. datdat178
        7. HonkeyKong#
        8. Suprachrgd82 w/extra mids
        9. JoshCampbell
        10. Spyrious
        11. Saabfan
        12. squidzilla
        13. Rampage (c/o Saaban)
        14. Matrixgts
        15. speedking
        16. speedking
        17. speedking
        18. speedking
        19. speedking
        20.mrlvlagic

Full Yoshi TLS RS3 systems with dual mufflers

1. DenWous (will pay deposit, when time comes)
        2. squidzilla
        3.Kinetic27
        Warning:This post is being read via light, a substance known in the state of California to cause cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki-TLR View Post

Suzuki is aiming towards the oldskool fans with their TL birthday/classic bike race/new from parts TL and Slabby. Interest here for the TLS system isn't all that, but I'm sure people would buy parts. Isn't that possible, to just have TLS mids done again?
          TLS from new parts was a few years ago and was a gimmick to show they still had parts for old models. Unless I'm mistaken (happens) the birthday event was brought about from outside Suzuki, but they've agreed to participate in some form or allow TL owners to participate in an already planned event.

In the past, Yoshimura has said if we could get 50 sets of either mids pre-ordered, they would make a run of whichever reached 50. We were never able to get close on either. When I spoke to them earlier this year, that offer was no longer on the table. The last sets of mids Yoshimura had for the TL sat on their shelves for many years and were finally sold to an unknown buyer to clear the shelves.
          People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

At least we tried..

Comment

Originally posted by Loki-TLR View Post
              At least we are still trying
              Fixed it for you.

Comment

So should i move on and just get an m4 set?

Comment

Originally posted by matrixgts View Post
                  Nope. only 5 off for the TLR

Comment

Originally posted by matrixgts View Post
                    Not to bash Yosh but I would say yes...... You get one of thos Yosh's and damage it good luck getting parts for repair.... M4 Produces theirs per order and will provide any support needed... Parts ect... You cant beat that... I have had Yosh and M4 and M4 By far is my choice for the TL's///
                    www.sportbiketracktime.com
                    Southern Division Coach

Comment

Originally posted by TLR67 View Post

Not to bash Yosh but I would say yes...... You get one of thos Yosh's and damage it good luck getting parts for repair.... M4 Produces theirs per order and will provide any support needed... Parts ect... You cant beat that... I have had Yosh and M4 and M4 By far is my choice for the TL's///
                      or he could buy 2 sets.... then sell what extras aren't needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Saabfan View Post

or he could buy 2 sets.... then sell what extras aren't needed.
                        Seems a little extreme and not really cost effective IMHO. Hopefully part of our negotiations will be to have Yoshi produce a limited number of replacement parts for the RS-3 systems.
                        "Speed is just a question of money - so how fast do you want to go"?

Comment

HEY... all you people that are new here cuz you purchased a TL between now and 03/06/17... get on this list OR ELSE!!!!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Saabfan View Post
                            HEY... all you people that are new here cuz you purchased a TL between now and 03/06/17... get on this list OR ELSE!!!!! :-)
                            As I said in a another thread, I believe this ship has sailed.

Comment

I'm definite no-go this year. buying a house and the wife would KILL me! Sucks, because otherwise I would be hustling to make the extra play money. I'd really rather just fork out some dough than take the time to flip my other bike upside down and weld one together.
                              READY TO LAUNCH
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X