Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom seats

Just to clarify some rumors:

I am not currently building seats (except for those I have)

Awwe.... Don't cry, you can still have a custom seat of your own.

I am still embroidering the vinyl with whatever you want. You just need to assemble it. Which honestly ist too bad.

You will need a Pneumatic upholstery stapler. They can be bought on Ebay from Powercattools fairly cheap. $35 maybe? An Electric or handhand one WILL NOT WORK!! Trust me I bought a big badass elec one and it wasn't strong enough.

Prices INCLUDE SHIPPING TO THE US!!

vinyl-$70
    Embroidered vinyl-$100
    Gel pad will include very thin memory foam -$50

So $125 for a custom embroided gel seat!

You will have everything so you can make it on a rainy day and you won't be without your seat.

I am really sorry but I have a two girls (2.5 and 1 month old) so my life is really busy now. Thanks to all the people that have posted such good reviews. I hate giving it up altoghter cause I love to see one off parts on bike. Between Rifleman, Vandriver, Speedking and myself we could open one hell of a Custom bike shop if only we were more geographically located!!

Thanks Again
    X
    Ducati 999, Termignoni Exhaust, Ducati Performance ECU, Ducati Performance Hi-Flo air Filters, FBF windscreen,CycleCat Frame sliders, CycleCat open clutch cover,Evoluzione License Plate Relocator, Evoluzione Bar Ends

Re: Custom seats

Hey man I think i was one of your first customers and i just want to say you did great work on my seat.... both times. I think its cool you are still going to do what you are. Stapling the material isnt too difficult. Some will probably complain but others will dig doing there own. Dont be sorry about a thing Braugh you got your priorities right, family is where its at. Just post up some pics when you mod your girls bicycle seats
    Last edited by Bigtilla; 03-18-2007, 04:15 AM.

Comment

just out of curiosity.... i have access to a little bit of memory foam. how much do you normally put on your seats? 1 or two inches?
      It ain't chuck's net, but it's a start The TL1000R
      2001 SUZUKI TL1000R
      sigpic
      RACETECH SPRINGS VIA TRAXXION, YOSHIMURA RS-3 CANS, TRE MOD, BARNETT CLUTCH SPRINGS, QUICK RELEASE TANK AND SEAT MODS, MANUAL FAN SWITCH MOD, GALFER BRAIDED LINES, GAP/TRAY MOD, LP FLUSH MOUNT CLEAR SIGNALS, HOT BODIES UNDERTAIL, PYRAMID HUGGER, ZERO GRAVITY DOUBLE BUBBLE, TOBY STEERING DAMPNER, ZIPPY'S CHARGING MOD

Comment

1/4 of an inch. Even 1 inch makes the seat wayyy to heavy.
        Ducati 999, Termignoni Exhaust, Ducati Performance ECU, Ducati Performance Hi-Flo air Filters, FBF windscreen,CycleCat Frame sliders, CycleCat open clutch cover,Evoluzione License Plate Relocator, Evoluzione Bar Ends

Comment

soooooo will i be seeing anything from you ... just wondering...CW...
          age is a state of mind
          sigpic [IMG]
          ZG dble bbl, ss lines 6pots,Pazzo shorties ROCK!, Penske rear shock Lindman re-worked forks,custom (by me) dual HID Xenon Hi/Lo projectors Ultra-Violet halo's, LED sigs & plate lights, E G hugger,P M cyclone wheels, Rifleman 1/5 throttle,Van's Billet CCC, Galfer wavies, 6spring clutch Van's mod II Clutch plate, PCIII, speedo healer, and more...

Comment

I am making your seat tomorrow. Keep your pants on

Comment

yes pleez, keep em on

->TL1000R<-

Comment

just poking the bear to see if he moves...
                age is a state of mind
                sigpic [IMG]
                ZG dble bbl, ss lines 6pots,Pazzo shorties ROCK!, Penske rear shock Lindman re-worked forks,custom (by me) dual HID Xenon Hi/Lo projectors Ultra-Violet halo's, LED sigs & plate lights, E G hugger,P M cyclone wheels, Rifleman 1/5 throttle,Van's Billet CCC, Galfer wavies, 6spring clutch Van's mod II Clutch plate, PCIII, speedo healer, and more...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtilla View Post
                  Hey man I think i was one of your first customers and i just want to say you did great work on my seat.... both times. I think its cool you are still going to do what you are. Stapling the material isnt too difficult. Some will probably complain but others will dig doing there own. Dont be sorry about a thing Braugh you got your priorities right, family is where its at. Just post up some pics when you mod your girls bicycle seats
                  Hi. This is Shane's(bigtilla's) wife. He was killed by a drunk driver on Tuesday. I know the TLPlanet meant a lot to him, so for those who knew him on this forum... I thought you could pass on the message. Anyone can leave messages at a website set-up for this: Shanewyrsch@yahoo.com

If you Google his name you will learn more about his life. I want you to know that he was excited about his seat and rode on it the day before he died... with his little boys for a short ride around the block.

Please let the founders/owners of this website know that he loved the TL planet.

Love,
                  Zoe

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtilla View Post
                    Hi. This is Shane's(bigtilla's) wife. He was killed by a drunk driver on Tuesday. I know the TLPlanet meant a lot to him, so for those who knew him on this forum... I thought you could pass on the message. Anyone can leave messages at a website set-up for this: Shanewyrsch@yahoo.com

If you Google his name you will learn more about his life. I want you to know that he was excited about his seat and rode on it the day before he died... with his little boys for a short ride around the block.

Please let the founders/owners of this website know that he loved the TL planet.

Love,
                    Zoe
                    Sad news RIP Shane.

http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68112
                    "I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"

Comment

My heart goes out to the family. It makes you stop and thing no matter how life is good or bad it can be taken from you in the blink of an eye! That is why I try to make the most of it each and everyday!

I will be sure to visit the site that has been put up in his remembrance. I have read numerous posts of his, and for sure we all know he loved the planet. When I speak of the planet my future wife thinks I am addicted, but I told her it's more like having an extended family......
                      "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

Sad news. Prayers will be with the family.
                        bolton2160

Comment

i just got my seat the other day, well impressed it looks the biz and the embroidery is sweet.

i dont think ill put pictures up, not for a while anyhow because of what it says.

thanks again extender

greg
                          My name is Greg Morrice
                          greg.morrice@tesco.net

Comment

seat came in the mail today....i'll post some pics soon
                            age is a state of mind
                            sigpic [IMG]

Comment

simply beutiful.....says it all...could not have asked for more and excelent craftsmanship as well....thank you Ex...YOU DA MAN!...

P.S. finger prints are mine guess i couldn't wait ...
                              Last edited by CWBethel; 03-30-2007, 09:09 PM.
                              age is a state of mind
                              sigpic [IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X