X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yosh replica Clipons, shackle style

1. TwinJugs - Black
    2. Beaza - TLR - Black
    3. GhostMAFIA - TLS - color undecided (only if riser style can be made)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GhostMAFIA View Post
      If you consider doing them with a rise, the TLR fitment can always be mounted lower on the fork tube so IMHO a set with a rise will work on both bikes but this is obviously your thread and production, so your decision obviously.

The Two Brothers set I have coming also has adjustable angle on the bars which is VERY nice to have but they may be more complicated than you want to bother with.
      I think most people would like the rise on the R as well, since none of us are getting any younger.

The angle is a possibility, but the downside is the bars then become custom, not just tubes that can be replaced from any maker of clip-ons.
      Vanzuki.com - Click the banner below, to see what I have for your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by vandriver View Post
        I think most people would like the rise on the R as well, since none of us are getting any younger.

The angle is a possibility, but the downside is the bars then become custom, not just tubes that can be replaced from any maker of clip-ons.
        That's what I was hoping... and like I said, you can mount them lower on the forks for a more OEM fit.

The Two Brothers do have replaceable tubes too... here... let me go find some pics...
        sigpic

Comment

Here are the pictures the seller sent me... looking at them, the tubes are replaceable, but not necissarily with "any" other tubes at they are drilled through the top.

Also, this set is 53mm and shims are included for 50mm forks. I would think you would design them for 50mm forks up front.

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/5134067594_43e61dc484_b.jpg[/MG]

Alternatively I can provide the SWATT clip ons with a 2.5" rise if you would rather copy those, but there are a few issues with the design that don't allow them to be used as intended. I could actually get you to modify the design and they would be great... but that's your call.

sigpic

Comment

1. TwinJugs - Black
            2. Beaza - TLR - Black - Yosh replica as per first post.
            Beaza.

98 Black/Silver TLR

98 Black TLS Streetfighter

Comment

Woodcraft have a decent riser design, and they use standard clip-on tubes. Here are some pics for reference:

These are the 2.5" rise version. It took a LOT of finagling to get them as high as they are (including alternative mounting for the clutch and brake fluid reservoirs), and they still aren't topped out.

I really like the Two Brothers design, it's a shame they went with proprietary bar tubes. It seems like it would be so easy to design them to accept standard tubes.

Comment

Your top triple raises the bars about 4mm. Most aftermarket clip-ons drop the bars 4-6mm.With these 2 parts together, bar height is virtually unchanged from OEM.

Clearance for your reservoirs is about 8mm on the brake side with factory controls.

If any change is made I'd like to see it in a slightly elevated bar mount machined into the clamp (+4-6mm), not separate and adjustable bar mounts. This would keep costs down due to fewer parts, and maintain the strength (and liability) of the parts, and allow use of LP carbon bars.

Honestly, just to have the Yosh replicas made to Yosh specs is enough for ol' Sup.
                Suprachrgd82
                really, really, really, really, really, really likes stickers
                Last edited by Suprachrgd82; 11-01-2010, 03:14 PM.
                You do not talk about Fight Club....

Comment

I'm wodering if I couldn't work some kind of magic with the basic Yosh style as well... probalby not for a TLS since the Driven ones didn't work.

It seems like modifying the design of the 2 Bros. to take all bars would be easy enough... but I think I have sucessfully derailed the thread enough.
                  sigpic

Comment

1. TwinJugs - Black
                    4. millernj - 03 TLR - blue is available. if not then black

Comment

1. TwinJugs - Black
                      4. millernj - 03 TLR - blue is available. if not then black
                      5. Racrboy - Black or raw. Either is fine.
                      sigpic

BBOTM January 2011

Comment

1. TwinJugs - Black
                        4. bigbadal1606 - TLR - Black - Yosh replica as per first post.

Comment

1. TwinJugs - Black
                          5. Geekly - TLR - Standard (no) rise - Black

Comment

1. TwinJugs - Black
                            6. DropKickChip - TLS - Black (only if riser style can be made)
                            Rich

"insert snazzy sig here"
                            sigpic

Comment

Might as well give Van more of my cash. Black for me mate

1. TwinJugs - Black
                              7. Rimotu66- TLR - Black.

Comment

Hmmm. Think myself and Raceboy got bumped off the list somehow. Not sure about Raceboy but I definitely still want to be on the list.
                                TwinJugs - Black
                                7. Rimotu66- TLR - Black.
                                8. Millernj - 03 TLR - blue is available. if not then black

Comment

Working...
                                X