4Sale - Replacement Starter Relay Connector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4Sale - Replacement Starter Relay Connector

I've re-stocked the Starter Relay Connectors. They are now available and will be shipped from Nashville TN.

Original thread: http://www.tlplanet.com/forum/motorc...elay-connector

I've been selling these for many years and have sent out well over 150 of them between TLP and eBay.

I use original Furukawa connectors and matching OEM wire colors.

The upgrade: both red wires are 14 gauges.

Dielectric grease was added before the connector was sealed (I would still suggest you use some more before connecting to the relay)

Soldering SHOULD be required.

DISCLAIMER: this is a perfect replacement if you were able to salvage your starter relay but your OEM connector is burnt up. BUT I CANNOT GUARANTY 100% fix to the known issue. The connector, by design is made for 16-18 gauge wires which are too small for the amount of current that passes through it from factory setup. A headlight mod coupled with this connector SHOULD permanently fix the issue. You buy this, you thus agree that it is as if you bought the parts and made it yourself!

All that said: Replacement Starter relay connector is $20 USA shipped (TLP member price! It's $25+shipping on eBay). Non-USA, PM me for shipping.

Instructions:
    1) Snip your current OEM connector out
    2) Connect the new one to the main harness.

I highly suggest you solder the connection and shrink wrap it like in this picture:

For those who want to make it yourself:

www.easternbeaver.com buy part number RFW 4P090-Female in the Furukawa Sealed Connectors section.

Some wires, and that's it. (the PITA is to crimp the wires like a pro would and not break it - gotta have the right tools for the right job, we all know that)

If you want to match wire color, visit: www.brillman.com They might have them.

(I do have 500feet of the yellows.... PM me.)
    Last edited by Brainless; 09-22-2015, 03:17 PM.
    Brainless AT earthling DOT net
    "Take 2 plugs off your Gixxer and it'll sound the same"

*IMWO = In My Worthless Opinion
    Q2 and Q4's mod list and Albums

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
    Q4 build thread

Installing Brainless' +Mod Kit -- (Where to buy)
    Starter Relay/Solenoid CONNECTOR Replacement -- (Where to buy)

Let me know what ones worth to T1B0C1 Medicine Hat, Alberta in CanaDUH and I'll PayPal ya! I've done all the other electrical mods so this is a no brainier!

BMC, Yosh Header, TBR Cans, PCIII, Michelin PR3s, S14Unimog Gap, Bitubo Rear Shock & Steering Damper, GSXR Forks, Radial M/C, GTR-machine triples, R1 Calipers, EBC Rotors, HH Pads & Galfer SS Braided Brake Lines, Galfer Clutch Line, CCC & PP, Vanzuki Everywhere, Driven 17/42, RK 520, Vortex Levers & Gas Cap, Protek Rear Sets, GiPro w/ ATRE, Barnett Springs, Euro Switchgear, FH012 R/R, Black On Gold, Much More!

Comment

Replied in PM.

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
      Q4 build thread

Comment

Bought mine from you on Ebay, soldered it, did the diy headlight wiring mods as per your posts.
        This price,shipped, is a bargain.
        Thanks for your contributions to the site and Tlr's.

Comment

SOLD
          99TLR
          D&D SlipOns | PilotRoad3 | Traxxion gold valve fork | BituboShock | HEL BraidedLines | H&H Pads | K&N Filter | SuperSprox + RK | UFO Tail | Projectors w/halo | TWM QR GasCap | LumiGlo Dash | FP levers | D3 grips/barends | Gap-AirBox-PAIR-FuelFilter Mods | PZRacingIndicator | IvansTre | Sergeants Seat covers | LowTemp-FanSwitch
          VanZuki:
          ClearClutchCover-PressurePlate / Front sprocket guard / all 3 Reservoirs / Tail Risers / Exhaust Hanger-Mounts / Eccentrics (+1) / Rear Brake MC Seat

Comment

Originally posted by MrDonivan View Post
            SOLD
            Well... 1 sold out of 99 of them in stock.

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
            Q4 build thread

Comment

Arrived!
              99TLR
              D&D SlipOns | PilotRoad3 | Traxxion gold valve fork | BituboShock | HEL BraidedLines | H&H Pads | K&N Filter | SuperSprox + RK | UFO Tail | Projectors w/halo | TWM QR GasCap | LumiGlo Dash | FP levers | D3 grips/barends | Gap-AirBox-PAIR-FuelFilter Mods | PZRacingIndicator | IvansTre | Sergeants Seat covers | LowTemp-FanSwitch
              VanZuki:
              ClearClutchCover-PressurePlate / Front sprocket guard / all 3 Reservoirs / Tail Risers / Exhaust Hanger-Mounts / Eccentrics (+1) / Rear Brake MC Seat

Comment

Got er today JD thanks again you do superb work!
                BMC, Yosh Header, TBR Cans, PCIII, Michelin PR3s, S14Unimog Gap, Bitubo Rear Shock & Steering Damper, GSXR Forks, Radial M/C, GTR-machine triples, R1 Calipers, EBC Rotors, HH Pads & Galfer SS Braided Brake Lines, Galfer Clutch Line, CCC & PP, Vanzuki Everywhere, Driven 17/42, RK 520, Vortex Levers & Gas Cap, Protek Rear Sets, GiPro w/ ATRE, Barnett Springs, Euro Switchgear, FH012 R/R, Black On Gold, Much More!

Comment

I've had a few of these ordered via eBay. If you are a TLP member, make sure you buy from here.

History of Q2

Q1 Build thread
                  Q4 build thread

Comment

Working...
                  X