Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chasing a TL000s fuel tank in Australia (located in Perth Western Australia)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing a TL000s fuel tank in Australia (located in Perth Western Australia)

I'm looking for a fuel tank for my TLS, happy to pay postage/freight within Australia.

Thanks

You might send Stu (The Ring-in) a message and see if he has anything laying around. I have two hanging on the wall Id sell, but Im not in Australia.
    People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

I'm in Perth and I have a spare tank but it's for an R unfortunately.......Two wheel wreckers in Osborne Park parted out an S a while back, I bought the engine, they may still have the tank. Make sure it's not a recall one!

Comment

Originally posted by V2 View Post
        I'm in Perth and I have a spare tank but it's for an R unfortunately.......Two wheel wreckers in Osborne Park parted out an S a while back, I bought the engine, they may still have the tank. Make sure it's not a recall one!
        Yeah they have a tank left but they want a bit more than I am prepared to pay. I have a running complete bike with a creased tank (my own stupid fault). I just wanted a tank without any dents.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by actls View Post
          You might send Stu (The Ring-in) a message and see if he has anything laying around. I have two hanging on the wall Id sell, but Im not in Australia.
          hehe yes I did consider asking Stu but I know that he also has many other shiny things i would want too. I'll see if I can find a local solution first and then go from there.

Comment

What's different about the recall tank compared to the replacement? I've still got the one removed from my 97 1000s.

Comment

Originally posted by ram50 View Post
              What's different about the recall tank compared to the replacement? I've still got the one removed from my 97 1000s.
              If I understand you correctly, the tank on the '97 model was recalled because it was prone to leaking due to warping around the seal area?

Comment

Correct. I have the original tank sitting on a shelf in my shop. However, It wasn't leaking at the time of the recall. The dealer where I bought the bike installed the new tank which has been fine for 19 years, up until a year ago. I resealed it very carefully a year ago, but it's leaking again so I was curious what others have done to fix the issue.

Comment

3CD56008-7A5F-4162-A7CA-62D8E47394F7.jpeg Too bad you arent closer, these two just take up space on the wall.
                  People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

Comment

Working...
                  X