Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chasing a TL000s fuel tank in Australia (located in Perth Western Australia)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chasing a TL000s fuel tank in Australia (located in Perth Western Australia)

    I'm looking for a fuel tank for my TLS, happy to pay postage/freight within Australia.


    Thanks

  • #2
    You might send Stu (The Ring-in) a message and see if he has anything laying around. I have two hanging on the wall Id sell, but Im not in Australia.
    People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm in Perth and I have a spare tank but it's for an R unfortunately.......Two wheel wreckers in Osborne Park parted out an S a while back, I bought the engine, they may still have the tank. Make sure it's not a recall one!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by V2 View Post
        I'm in Perth and I have a spare tank but it's for an R unfortunately.......Two wheel wreckers in Osborne Park parted out an S a while back, I bought the engine, they may still have the tank. Make sure it's not a recall one!
        Yeah they have a tank left but they want a bit more than I am prepared to pay. I have a running complete bike with a creased tank (my own stupid fault). I just wanted a tank without any dents.

        Thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by actls View Post
          You might send Stu (The Ring-in) a message and see if he has anything laying around. I have two hanging on the wall Id sell, but Im not in Australia.
          hehe yes I did consider asking Stu but I know that he also has many other shiny things i would want too. I'll see if I can find a local solution first and then go from there.

          Comment


          • #6
            What's different about the recall tank compared to the replacement? I've still got the one removed from my 97 1000s.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ram50 View Post
              What's different about the recall tank compared to the replacement? I've still got the one removed from my 97 1000s.
              If I understand you correctly, the tank on the '97 model was recalled because it was prone to leaking due to warping around the seal area?

              Comment


              • #8
                Correct. I have the original tank sitting on a shelf in my shop. However, It wasn't leaking at the time of the recall. The dealer where I bought the bike installed the new tank which has been fine for 19 years, up until a year ago. I resealed it very carefully a year ago, but it's leaking again so I was curious what others have done to fix the issue.

                Comment


                • #9
                  3CD56008-7A5F-4162-A7CA-62D8E47394F7.jpeg Too bad you arent closer, these two just take up space on the wall.
                  People not to buy from ...ckfrdrice...TeamDutch People that I have purchased things from that were great to deal with ...Vandriver, Sam, Ziggy999, TLMike, djkoenig, N2Wheelies, CalSportbike, ET79, S Winglet, Rifleman, Sully, Danny Never, h0ssman, The Ring-in. GhostMAFIA, Speedking...I know there's more...just can't remember everyone I've bought stuff from

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X