Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

    hey guys i think its time for something different. i have put alot of time and money into her but i think it is time to move on. i know i am not going to get all of my money back in this economy. anyway it has 16xxx on the frame and just over 1xxx on the fresh motor. i personally rebuilt the motor, and had all of the machine work done at a professional machine shop. the bike's frame has been powdercoated as well as the wheels. fresh burnt orange paint. showa shock mod, rifleman's ccc, with van's pressure plated and retainers. 1/5 throttle insert, 6k ddm tuning hi/lo hid's on time delay relay, amber led's all around, bmc, airbox mod, full m4 stainless exhaust, pc2, newer chain and sprockets(about same miles as motor) custom seat(found on ebay but nice) also have original seats front and rear. i can't load pics so pm me and i can email them to you if you are interested. i'm not sure what to ask for it as i know it is nearly priceless to me as i have done all of this work myself. i would like to trade it for an early year gen 1 busa. cash sale make me an offer.
    thanks for reading guys.

  • #2
    Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

    dont do it man..lol...i just came from an 02...you are not improving...they are similar in the weight..busa a little heavier..better suspension...but less torquey. you have a collectors item in the tl1000r..if anything get another bike next to it..dont get rid of it...u already put too much effort into it..think about it...i know its your decision just adding mine i all...u gotta great bike,...busa is a drag bike if u are not gonna drag race and modify its pointless

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

      email me the pics and i'll post them up for you.

      milty at eastlink dot ca

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

        Originally posted by shelby2008 View Post
        hey guys i think its time for something different. i have put alot of time and money into her but i think it is time to move on. i know i am not going to get all of my money back in this economy. anyway it has 16xxx on the frame and just over 1xxx on the fresh motor. i personally rebuilt the motor, and had all of the machine work done at a professional machine shop. the bike's frame has been powdercoated as well as the wheels. fresh burnt orange paint. showa shock mod, rifleman's ccc, with van's pressure plated and retainers. 1/5 throttle insert, 6k ddm tuning hi/lo hid's on time delay relay, amber led's all around, bmc, airbox mod, full m4 stainless exhaust, pc2, newer chain and sprockets(about same miles as motor) custom seat(found on ebay but nice) also have original seats front and rear. i can't load pics so pm me and i can email them to you if you are interested. i'm not sure what to ask for it as i know it is nearly priceless to me as i have done all of this work myself. i would like to trade it for an early year gen 1 busa. cash sale make me an offer.
        thanks for reading guys.
        tell u what u live pretty close to me...lol...i think about 45 miles

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

          Originally posted by BLAK BASTID View Post
          tell u what u live pretty close to me...lol...i think about 45 miles
          where are you at? if you want to check it out or go for a ride sometime let me know.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

            Originally posted by dmilty View Post
            email me the pics and i'll post them up for you.

            milty at eastlink dot ca
            will do. gotta run out will do it when i get back.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

              saw the tl on craigslist i started laughing...ur serious...i might do the same man...i wanted the 929 to wheelie but let a friend talk me into this bike...had i stayed with the honda id be good right now...i hate messing around with selling and buying bikes...time consuming...good luck with urs man

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

                thanks bro. i have loved tlr's for about ten years now. my friend had one and he let me ride it and i was HOOKED. took me until a year ago until i could finally get one. i really do love it and will miss it badly. when my brother had one it was great to see the wtf faces that people would make when they would see us. the bike has its whole own attitude and it takes a special breed of person to rock it. but alas...... i have wanted a busa since its introduction to the sportbike world. and now my brother has his back on the road and my friend just got one and i love wrenching on them they are so much easier to work on. riding with them just makes me want one even more. i can say that i can thoroughly trash them in the twisties. its like they are peddling. that i will miss. but all in all i dont think i will be completely happy till i am riding on a bus.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

                  Originally posted by shelby2008 View Post
                  thanks bro. i have loved tlr's for about ten years now. my friend had one and he let me ride it and i was HOOKED. took me until a year ago until i could finally get one. i really do love it and will miss it badly. when my brother had one it was great to see the wtf faces that people would make when they would see us. the bike has its whole own attitude and it takes a special breed of person to rock it. but alas...... i have wanted a busa since its introduction to the sportbike world. and now my brother has his back on the road and my friend just got one and i love wrenching on them they are so much easier to work on. riding with them just makes me want one even more. i can say that i can thoroughly trash them in the twisties. its like they are peddling. that i will miss. but all in all i dont think i will be completely happy till i am riding on a bus.
                  I hear u...everybody has that bike they crave...I craved the busa as a new rider but got lucky and stumbled upon one early...but for my experience it was too early...lol bike beat the hell out of me but forced me to adjust with my riding style. Long story short I've been on many and can't say it was my favorite...but it was a great bike. I like the feel of the tl as far as the torque..the busa was a great bike but I liked the r1 better....the srad...the gixxer 750..and even the 1k...the tl is a treat but just doesn't serve the purpose I need it for..still a great bike. I think had u rode the busa first u would like the tl more but going the opposite way u might like the busa more..get ready for that weight difference though...busa is around 500 or so wet

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

                    Holy shit those pics are huge. Just downloading them down. I should have them up for you in 5min. And our bikes are almost twins.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

                      ha ha told ya. i know when i saw your build pics that was the first thing that popped into my head.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

                          thanks alot man for shrinking those things

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

                            Originally posted by shelby2008 View Post
                            thanks alot man for shrinking those things
                            No problem. I'm sorry to see you sell her. She a beauty.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 01 tl1000r f/s or f/t

                              Originally posted by shelby2008 View Post
                              thanks bro. i have loved tlr's for about ten years now. my friend had one and he let me ride it and i was HOOKED. took me until a year ago until i could finally get one. i really do love it and will miss it badly. when my brother had one it was great to see the wtf faces that people would make when they would see us. the bike has its whole own attitude and it takes a special breed of person to rock it. but alas...... i have wanted a busa since its introduction to the sportbike world. and now my brother has his back on the road and my friend just got one and i love wrenching on them they are so much easier to work on. riding with them just makes me want one even more. i can say that i can thoroughly trash them in the twisties. its like they are peddling. that i will miss. but all in all i dont think i will be completely happy till i am riding on a bus.
                              borrow your bros for 2 weeks and see if you miss her,haven't seen one sell or part out that wasnt regreted.You'll get it sold quicker and for more if you deal with the hassle of parting her out and then noone can wreck her

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X