Feeler for my 02 R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler for my 02 R

Thinking of selling my 02 R (Yellow/Black). She has roughly 14k mi (hasn't recorded right, it's more like 11k)

This thing has been very meticulously maintained. Washed after every weekend ride, chain cleaned and waxed every few rides. No water spots, no rain, no brake dust, no bugs, she's clean.

Here is what she has:

Full Two Brothers System with Carbon Fiber cans. Repacked this summer.
    Power Commander III USB
    520 Chain Convert
    Undertail
    Speedo Healer
    New Grips
    Tank Protector
    25 LED tail/brake lights x's 2
    Passenger seat
    Solo Tail
    Hi Flow air filter
    New Plugs
    Speedscreen Black/Clear Stocker
    LED Signals
    Tank Protector
    White Refl whl Stripes (pretty much invisble by day, holy sh$! at night!)

I love the bike but really want a Hayabusa. This will allow me to take the wife or one of my sons here and there. Love the bike but need something bigger. It is always parked on a stand and has never been left in the sun. Always covered, even in the garage. No track days, no stunts, just my daily 3 mile scooter. Longest ride I have been on was 100 mi. My bike even has its own FOD Sensitive/Kid Free Zone in the garage.

She will need a couple tires next year. New Dunlop Qualifier rear this summer with about 2k on it. Still has Pilot Power front, but that one needs replaced for next season.

She is a good looker. Beautiful bike, Carbon Two Bro's are incredible. She is parked for the season and will be torn down and every inch cleaned and polished up over winter. Looking to sell by mid winter so I can start shopping for a Busa.

By next summer it will have tail risers, levers, gap mod, rear sets, corbin seat, and wavies. At that point, I'll probably keep it as a "ride once in a while and keep it for what it is" bike if it doesn't sell (I know there is really no market for these).

In the mean time, if someone is interested, It would force me to make a go for the Busa. If not, I'll keep annoying my wife and emptying my wallet with add on's and to do's.

I'd like $4400. It's not worth selling for less than that- I have too much in it to give it away. Great platform if you are looking to build up a bike. Solid, sound, clean, babied, mean. I think I have the only TLR around. I've never seen another one on the road here in Utah ever.

I don't have a photobucket accoun t to show images here, but I do have a gallery on the site for pics.

Located in West Point Utah.
    Last edited by HOBBES; 11-02-2010, 05:09 PM.
    I'd rather be playing baseball.

Re: Feeler for my 02 R

It pains me to hear that you are giving up the twin for a Busa Good luck with the sale! On another note, are you sure that is a full system? Looks like bolt ons in your gallery?

Comment

Originally posted by 6r_tlr View Post
      It pains me to hear that you are giving up the twin for a Busa Good luck with the sale! On another note, are you sure that is a full system? Looks like bolt ons in your gallery?
      You know what, right you are. I'll update. I didn't put it on, I just know it's shiny from front to back, unlike any stock sytem I've had. Probably just very clean mid-pipe with Bolt-on's. Thanks for catching that.

A busa will never beat the feel of a twin, but I'm 6'3 and this dog is just too short for me. I'd like to have both, but its pretty hard justifying insurance on two bikes when I just don't ride one enough as it is. I'd love to keep it, but my wife reminds me that my plan was to move up as I go, not expand as I go. Didn'tyou part your's out? It almost killed me to see that. That Super Duke is the Shiz though. (assuming that one was your's)

Comment

Uber clean bike! can's are bolted on...hope it sells quick.
        If you love your bike let it go.
        If it comes back to you.............
        You high sided.

Comment

Sorry boy's, BOLT-ON CF Two Bro's.

Comment

Wasn't bein' an a$$, I was just checkin your bike out and posted a minute to late...
            If you love your bike let it go.
            If it comes back to you.............
            You high sided.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrials View Post
              Wasn't bein' an a$$, I was just checkin your bike out and posted a minute to late...
              No offense taken man. If I have a bike listed, I might as well be accurate Its all good.

Comment

Originally posted by HOBBES View Post
                Didn'tyou part your's out? It almost killed me to see that. That Super Duke is the Shiz though. (assuming that one was your's)
                Right you are...Im the idiot Did it after falling in love with another yellow twin...my 1098

Comment

That's right, I forgot about the Duc. Either way, enjoy!

Comment

Sorry guys, I have decided to keep the bike.

Mods planned

Rear Shock
                    Front Springs/Valves
                    Ohlins Damper
                    Levers
                    Driven D3 Grips
                    Heli Bars
                    Steel Braids
                    Wavies
                    Corbin Seat +1"
                    Clear Clutch Cover
                    Maybe Tail Risers
                    Maybe Wheels

Comment

Good to see you are keeping the bike.

Heli bars are no use to you on an R

They are too high.

I have modded std clipons if you need need them up a bit
                      www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
                      But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

have a look at atsmesteve 's bike he may have the combo you are looking for.

buell pegs and modded clipons. could save going higher on the seat. I take it you are tall.
                        www.cycleinnovations.com.au

It never ceases to amaze why people ask for advice then when I give it they either ignore it or argue against it.
                        But then I don't know all that much about TL's

wwjd.......what would jimmy do.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ring-In View Post
                          Good to see you are keeping the bike.

Heli bars are no use to you on an R

They are too high.

I have modded std clipons if you need need them up a bit
                          You know what? You sir are correct. I was talked off the ledge by the owner of the only other TL I have ever seen; he has an S. It's totally built, and could probably eat my R like a pop tart. That's with his 63K miles.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ring-In View Post
                            have a look at atsmesteve 's bike he may have the combo you are looking for.

buell pegs and modded clipons. could save going higher on the seat. I take it you are tall.
                            6'3"

Comment

Working...
                            X